SG3428 is not reachable anymore - lost in OC200 and no Access over Network and the Micro-USB Console

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SG3428 is not reachable anymore - lost in OC200 and no Access over Network and the Micro-USB Console

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-16 08:43:18
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2

I configured the Switch with the OC 200 Omada Controller.All was fine.

Since last night the Switch is not connected anymore with the Omada Controller. The IP from the switch which is shown in the Omada ism't correvt.

I checked with different tools to find the switch in my network. Nothing.

I tried to use the Micro-USB Connection to reset the switch. But I can't open a connection. I red a lot of KB from TP-Link and tried with different cables, OS (Mac & Windows).

But nothing helps.

Is the switch dead? This device ist only 2 weeks old...

Options
3 Reply
Re:SG3428 is not reachable anymore - lost in OC200 and no Access over Network and the Micro-USB Console
2023-10-17 06:04:46

@the_tuxian Does the switch receive an IP address when connecting to OC200? According to your description, the switch seems to be broken. But your switch is only two weeks old. The best thing to do is reset the switch and see if it works properly in standalone mode. Perhaps you can continue to try to reset your switch and make sure that the USB cable you are using can transfer data properly.

Options
Re:SG3428 is not reachable anymore - lost in OC200 and no Access over Network and the Micro-USB Console
2023-10-17 12:21:23

@barrolete The swich received no ip-adress from a dhcp server anymore. I spent a lot of time to etablish a connectio to the Switch over the Micro-SD Port. No chance. I tested a lot of different combinations (cables, OS-Versions...)

I tried also a RJ45 to USB Adapter cable. No Chance.

Why implement TP-Link no Hardware Reset Button to this switch? Was it to expensive?

Options
2023-10-18 02:22:05

Hi @the_tuxian 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

the_tuxian wrote

@barrolete The swich received no ip-adress from a dhcp server anymore. I spent a lot of time to etablish a connectio to the Switch over the Micro-SD Port. No chance. I tested a lot of different combinations (cables, OS-Versions...)

I tried also a RJ45 to USB Adapter cable. No Chance.

Why implement TP-Link no Hardware Reset Button to this switch? Was it to expensive?

1. Have you confirmed that all of your steps were correct in the software we recommend you use for the console access?

2. What did you do or change to the device that caused it to lose all the connections? If you can confirm that there is no change at all to the switch and it lost connection, you can probably consider it a hardware issue.

Do you have VLAN? Can you verify they working properly and the cable's fine?

3. The switch is meant to be mounted to the server rack for professional use. This is the common practice to avoid any reset button on the server-rack-ready products in case someone has physical access to the switch and reset it. Layer 3 switch usually is used as the core switch. They don't offer the reset button. It's not about the cost.

If you are aware of what switch you have, you should not complain about this. If it does not fit your expectations, you may consider models that support a reset button. For example, SG2428, layer 2+.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options