mDNS settings for ER605 and Apple Homekit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-16 20:18:43 - last edited 2023-10-17 00:59:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1 Build 20230115 Rel.77774

I´m unable to get my ER605 to work with my Apple Homekit devices. I'm mainly struggling with product connected via ethernet and a hub (Philips Hue and Plejd). I'm trying to enable mDNS settings, but I can't figure out how to configure it correct.

I'm not using any controller or cloud services. I'm connecting to my device over ethernet, using the built in interface.

Options
3 Reply
Re:mDNS settings for ER605 and Apple Homekit
2023-10-17 01:01:19

@MrEast 

Config guide.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/620754

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-10-17 08:15:55

@Tedd404 

Thanks for your reply. I'm unable to follow that guide, since the only hardware from TP-Link I have, is the ER605 I need to use the standalone software for ER605. I don't have a controller or access to Omada cloud services.

In the lates firmware, there's an option for mDNS, and I do believe that I've made the correct configuration (see picture below). Still no success to access my homekit accessories (apart from accessories that don't need a hub i.e. Meross, Elgato etc.). Philips Hue and Plejd are still unreachable.

Options
2023-10-17 08:39:21

@MrEast it does not matter what mode you have. the concept's the same. and as far as I know, mdns works great. 

and a simple picture like this would not make a difference. it means nothing in troubleshooting. 

what's your network topology? what's your config? what's your network like? these are all questions that remain to be answered. still think you should refer to the guide and configure it properly..

or seek help from the support number or mail. i cannot provide anything helpful but i can say that mdns works.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 3

Related Articles