Which VPN service to use on ER605 v2? Does Wireguard need VPN IP Pool set up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 19:39:31
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Beta

I had to hard reset my ER605 to get my Apple Homekit working again and I suspect setting up OpenVPN what broke the Apple Homekit on my home network.  Now the router playing nicely along with Apple Homekit on my home network but I still need VPN service to be able to VPN to my home network as if I was at home locally.

Since I don't want to try OpenVPN again after it bonk something on my network, what VPN service should I try setting up next?  I am only needing laptop or mobile to router setup so basically a client to router VPN service.  I don't need a router to router service or any of the paid VPN service since I won't use it that often and I don't want to break my Apple Homekit and my zwave / zigbee home automation setup again (cameras and doorbell are on IP/TCP network) 

I tried setting up Wireguard next and the VPN was activated and connect to my router but I couldn't access any other devices on home network. I believe there had to be a step missing on the TP Link instruction on setting up Wireguard VPN.   One thing I notice on other VPN service instruction that not on the Wireguard VPN is to set up VPN IP Pool addressing. Do we need to set that up for WInguard? 

Or what other VPN service should I try to set up to test it with Apple Homekit?

Thank you

Bill

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which VPN service to use on ER605 v2? Does Wireguard need VPN IP Pool set up?
2023-10-20 05:47:41

@TechBill The Firmware you are using is a beta? The latest beta?

You can set up an IP address pool for your Wireguard VPN and take a try.

If you just want to connect a device remotely to your router,  port forwarding is also a great option for you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles