Newbie help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Newbie help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Newbie help!
Newbie help!
2023-10-19 23:55:59 - last edited 2023-10-20 00:01:40
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.41831

Total networking rookie here, please excuse the probably silly question...

I am trying to setup/configure my TL-R600VPN to load balance across 3 WANs. I have all 3 as always on, but WANs 2 and 3 won't connect (they are detected as online from Online Detection but in system status their connection status is "Link Down"). I have the default factory settings still in place. All 3 are set to "always on" and all 3 are set to "dynamic IP"

I currently have no link backup in place, load balancing is enabled, and bandwidth based balance routing enabled on all 3.

Do I need to do any special or manual network/IP configuration on my TL-R600VPN or any of the 3 DSL routers for this setup to work?  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Newbie help!
2023-10-20 02:33:53

@Sherifh 

So your problem is you only have 1 WAN enabled right? You cannot get the other 2 WANs link up? And you said you are using DSLs to connect to the ISP right?

Pls provide some more information, topology and scerenshots of your router's management page.

"SY" is a 22-year old boy presenting to the tp-link community with brain empty. Take care of yourself, and be well. Loycechan030
Options
Re:Newbie help!
2023-10-20 05:54:28

@Sherifh 

link down means your cable got a problem.

have you checked if the led is on on the port? that's important. link down means no physical link was detected from the port. offline means no internet access but cable's functional. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 2

Related Articles