Zero Bytes showing for devices in Omada software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Zero Bytes showing for devices in Omada software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Zero Bytes showing for devices in Omada software
2023-10-27 14:24:50

@kdurigan 

I just looked a little closer and it appers that only ONE LAN connected device on each downstream switch is rreporting data.  Is the TL-SG2008 or OMADA just seing the overall switch statistics instead of each MAC that is attached to the switches?  Again, all devices that are connected via WIFI are showing data.

Options
Re:Zero Bytes showing for devices in Omada software-Solution
2023-11-07 08:22:25 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:36:57

Hi @kdurigan 

kdurigan wrote

@kdurigan 

I just looked a little closer and it appers that only ONE LAN connected device on each downstream switch is rreporting data.  Is the TL-SG2008 or OMADA just seing the overall switch statistics instead of each MAC that is attached to the switches?  Again, all devices that are connected via WIFI are showing data.

The test team responded to my email that this is normal as the Omada Controller is not capable of doing the stats calculation because it does not have the chipset. So, the calculation is done by either the switch or the EAP. However, like the response I gave you earlier, you have to use an Omada product or it cannot calculate the traffic and display it correctly.

That third part switch is calculating but it cannot share the information with the Omada switch. In the end, it'll display the stats incorrectly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Zero Bytes showing for devices in Omada software
2023-11-07 13:33:42
Thanks for letting me know. It seems odd to me that the data cannot be gathered at the top-level switch somehow. Complex corporate networks use a multitude of switches from different manufacturers and they are able to get downstream statistics from all switches on the network. This is a low-cost switch so maybe my expectations were just a bit too high.
Options
Related Articles