ER7206 v.1 causing internet drop outs on VLANs

2023-10-21 19:46:29
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi, 

I'm having an on-going issue with the ER7206, it appears to be disconnecting internet from VLans. 
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, no particular VLan either.

Router is connected to the TL-SG2428P switch along with the Oc200. I have 4 interfaces setup along with a management Vlan also. ACLs setup to deny bi-directional access to all other networks. 
System has been in for a month, with relatively low usage (at the moment) so has taken time for any problems to make themselves known. 
clients connected to a VLAN (that doesn't have internet connection at the time) are given an address, but show no internet connection on mobile devices, PCs showing internet connectivity but no actual connection possible, browsers unable to load. 
Upon checking other VLANs (at the time of the outage) all others have full connectivity. 

All VLANs are set up exactly the same (except for IP range). I even setup a new interface whilst on site and this worked perfectly. 

unable to find a solution I restarted the router, full internet connectivity returned to all VLANs. 

Any advice would be very much appreciated. 

Just to add, this doesn't happen on one specific Vlan but seems totally random to which one has a problem. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:ER7206 v.1 causing internet drop outs on VLANs
2023-10-22 10:18:58

@Sam_Orange 

Are you using Bandwidth Control?

Options
2023-10-22 11:56:47

@BrnM 

Yes, in fact, both tenants that are having issues, have bandwidth control setup. Both setup for up to 100mb/s up and down.  

I also have a guest WiFi setup for visitors, limited to 20mb/s which doesn't appear to have any issues, but admitted gets used much less often. 

Options
2023-10-22 12:08:52 - last edited 2023-10-22 12:11:16

@Sam_Orange 

Disable your bandwidth control and the issue should resolve.  I worked on this issue with support for nearly 3 weeks for them to identify the issue as it was happening and release a beta version of the firmware for this device.  

Contact support and reference Ticket : TKID230620213 and they should be able to assess your situation and determine it is related to the bandwidth control and send you the same beta version.  

I can see they have addressed it in the UK version of the ER605 V2_2.2.2 official firmware so it will be coming.  Last I asked them about a month ago they said it would be included in the next major update for the devices.  I've replicated the issue on an ER605 V2, ER7206 V1, and an ER707-M2.

If you have the issue happening, disable Bandwidth Control and enable it again and it will clear within a few seconds. (Until it happens the next time.)  A reboot will also resolve it but takes much longer.

If most devices are hard wired to the switch simply set the ports on the switch to be 100FDX and that will keep things at bay temporarily until you can get the beta firmware  or official fix is released.

Cheers,

B.

Options
2023-10-22 12:11:37
Ah thanks so much for this! I see there appears to be several different ways to configure bandwidth control within the Omada controller, but I assume they all do the same thing?
Options
2023-10-22 12:19:06

@Sam_Orange 

Are your connections all wired?  If so just set the ports to 100FDX to control it for now.

I think when using TP-Link APs the rate limiting feature for wireless clients may be controlled via the AP and / or the Bandwidth Control in the router.  

Support should be able to get you the beta firmware for your router to fix this until the official release comes fairly quickly.

Cheers,

B.

Options
2023-10-22 12:22:23
Thanks so much for your advice!
Options
2023-10-28 08:16:04

@BrnM 

Did you have DST enabled on your site you were having issues with? I'm currently going through the process with tech support and now been asked to turn off DST to see how we get on. Feel like i'm being given the run around, but want to try and get to the bottom of it so that they can make sure it gets fixed on the next update! Made sure I indicated this thread and your support ticket number to no avail.

Sam

Options
2023-10-29 09:25:43

@Sam_Orange 

Sent you a PM

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 8

Related Articles