ER605 2.2.2 Firmware STILL Broken.

2023-10-24 10:36:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2

Just wanted to say well the 2.2.2 firmware was ALOT better.......... it just randomly rebooted on us.... the "lost heartbeat" nonsense.... then started, adopted, configuring, connected, configuring etc........... 

Good 10 min's.  So its still broken.  Still also drops the net on a port forward change.  No idea why it's so special pretty much all routers run Linux OS stuff and yet they can do stuff without dropping everyone's internet led alone rebooting.

Perhaps TP Link should just abandon this project at this point.........  I mean is it just the ER605? ....  I haven't personally owned the other models we have spread out on other peoples sites.

I am temped to replace it and my POE Switch with a ER7212PC but I don't know if that will be any better.  Ubiquiti maybe...  

2.1.4 didn't randomly reboot for us, it only rebooted if you changed ANY setting............ so 2.2.2 reminds me of an older firmware that randomly rebooted.

Arg....  I would be curious to know if the other omada router models have issues too I might go looking through the threads later.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605 2.2.2 Firmware STILL Broken.
2023-10-24 12:26:01 - last edited 2023-10-24 12:28:51

@MrHC1983 

what the heck! I just bought ER605 two days ago and just experiencing drops and reconnecting after a few seconds, this is my mistakes buying this device. I should research about the products 

Options
2023-10-25 02:02:11

Hi @MrHC1983 

I hope you seek other solutions and drop this idea of changing it to ER7212PC.

Our product seems to not fit your environment and it is hard to supply a stable network to your user environment.

Merlin, open-source or ASUS, gaming products, seem to be more suitable for your environment.

Literally, the ER605 is the best-selling model out of the Omada routers which means there are a lot of users on the market. I don't know why you are the only person who experiences this random reboot and so many other issues which in the posts we had months ago, some did not even replicate in our test. 

I will not make any suggestions or recommendations to your product questions or feature requests. I can collect your config and send it to the test team for further tests if you are willing to cooperate and illustrate every issue you reported based on a dialectical approach.

We are open to problems reported and would work with the customers to find a solution or fix. The troubleshooting or reproduction phase should be dialectical and may be painful but we gotta confirm the problem before moving forward to a fix. Dev can even make a beta for problems to people who report it. (This is the real experience.)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-30 08:43:47 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:46:03

Hello @Clive_A ,

I have exactly the same problem. An ER605 v2. The firmware version doesn't matter; I've tried all the current ones 2.1.1 - 2.2.2. It randomly restarts.

Even when I change settings, it restarts. WHY?

If I just change a password for internet access, the entire router restarts. WHY?

I've ordered a second router and just put it into operation to rule out a hardware defect. Let's see if it fixes the issue.

So far, I am very disappointed with the TP-Link ER605 routers.

Where can I download older firmware like 2.0.0?

Best regards,

Tecky

Options
2023-11-30 09:57:50

Hi @Tecky 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Tecky wrote

Hello @Clive_A ,

I have exactly the same problem. An ER605 v2. The firmware version doesn't matter; I've tried all the current ones 2.1.1 - 2.2.2. It randomly restarts.

Even when I change settings, it restarts. WHY?

If I just change a password for internet access, the entire router restarts. WHY?

I've ordered a second router and just put it into operation to rule out a hardware defect. Let's see if it fixes the issue.

So far, I am very disappointed with the TP-Link ER605 routers.

Where can I download older firmware like 2.0.0?

Best regards,

Tecky

V2.0.0 is the factory default firmware. It is not released on the official website. I am running one ER605 at the office next to me and I don't see it restart automatically.

Do you use the Controller? Do you have any schedule?

Quite strange. So you have purchased a new one, try this new one, and see if the issue persists.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options