Which Deco to choose in Main

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 15:38:04
Model: Deco X20   Deco X50-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Hello everyone, my Deco X20 network will welcome a new addition, a Deco X50 Outdoor. I'm wondering whether it would be useful to switch the X50 to Main. Do you think there is a big point in doing this? Knowing that out of 7 current Decos 3 are in ethernet connection and that the Deco X50 will also be connected via ethernet.
Thank you for your opinion
Options
4 Reply
Re:Which Deco to choose in Main
2023-10-25 19:18:19

@tiboc 

Do you plan to place Deco X50 Outdoor outdoor, or you plan to keep it somewhere in the house?

Also, do you run Deco mesh in Router mode or in Access Point mode?

Options
2023-10-26 07:03:07

Hello @Alexandre, thank you for taking the time to answer me. The X50 will go outside and I am currently in Access Point Mode

Options
2023-10-26 12:28:27

@tiboc 

I would recommend NOT to make Deco X50 Outdoor your new Main Deco. When you add it to Deco mesh, Deco app might even suggest to make X50 new Main Deco, you should decline that suggestion.

With Deco mesh, Satellite Deco that use WiFi backhaul prefer to connect to Main Deco, even if WiFi signal between them is weak. Which could mean, if you to make X50 Outdoor new Main Deco, in house Satellite Deco on WiFi backhaul may try to connect to it. Probably not what you want.

Options
2023-10-26 13:06:39

@Alexandre. Ok thanks yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 4

Related Articles