Parental control - time based endpoint control?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 15:36:14 - last edited 2023-10-27 02:49:35
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello All,

I am in need of some advice/direction. I setup a home network for a friend with the ER7212PC, EP650s and one outdoor AP. When looking at hardware requirements, the ER7212 presented the idea the omada controler/switch/router would be all in one. I didnt realize however there seems to be no parental control, or abilty to limit certain endpoints to time based access. If this is the case, is there anyway I can someone impliment control to certain endpoints?

Thanks,

Kip

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Parental control - time based endpoint control?-Solution
2023-10-26 17:16:46 - last edited 2023-10-27 02:49:35

@Kipper11 

Omada is SMB hardware... endpoint control, all in one device, is more of a residential thing.  

You can set a schedule for the wireless to turn on/off at certain times.  

If you want to filter the internet, you would need to load an internal DNS server... like Pihole Or AdGuardHome (Prefer AGH if you're/your friend not computer savvy)

If you want more end point control, with less work, I'd return it all and buy The Home Deco Series and get HomeShield.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-27 02:35:25 - last edited 2023-10-27 02:49:40

Hi @Kipper11 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Refer to what Kim said. He's absolutely right about this. There is no parental control on the business products. It does not target the consumer-level feature like that. Deco would be a proper device for you if you need it. Omada can not do it and will not ever add this.

If you still insist on using it, you have to configure all of the rules yourself manually. We don't have a pre-built database for you while the Deco system got what you need.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2023-10-26 17:16:46 - last edited 2023-10-27 02:49:35

@Kipper11 

Omada is SMB hardware... endpoint control, all in one device, is more of a residential thing.  

You can set a schedule for the wireless to turn on/off at certain times.  

If you want to filter the internet, you would need to load an internal DNS server... like Pihole Or AdGuardHome (Prefer AGH if you're/your friend not computer savvy)

If you want more end point control, with less work, I'd return it all and buy The Home Deco Series and get HomeShield.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-27 02:35:25 - last edited 2023-10-27 02:49:40

Hi @Kipper11 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Refer to what Kim said. He's absolutely right about this. There is no parental control on the business products. It does not target the consumer-level feature like that. Deco would be a proper device for you if you need it. Omada can not do it and will not ever add this.

If you still insist on using it, you have to configure all of the rules yourself manually. We don't have a pre-built database for you while the Deco system got what you need.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 2

Related Articles