Some functions like backup show only enabled through access. Omada SDN cloud to local transition.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Some functions like backup show only enabled through access. Omada SDN cloud to local transition.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-27 10:54:03 - last edited 2023-10-30 07:42:44
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I noticed some functions such as downloading backups.

The information reports local backups are only available when accessed locally when trying through omada.tplinkcloud.com

I seem to have stumbled upon it by accident some times. Is there a way to consistently access the individual device when going through omada.tplinkcloud.com instead of only when on the local network by using the IP address of the controller?

Thank you so much.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Some functions like backup show only enabled through access. Omada SDN cloud to local transition.-Solution
2023-10-27 12:11:48 - last edited 2023-10-30 07:42:44

@FlameOtter 

I don't think the 'cloud' access was ever supposed to be a 1:1 replacement for the local access.  Feel free to submit it as a feature request in the 'Requests and Suggestions' forum though.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Some functions like backup show only enabled through access. Omada SDN cloud to local transition.-Solution
2023-10-27 12:11:48 - last edited 2023-10-30 07:42:44

@FlameOtter 

I don't think the 'cloud' access was ever supposed to be a 1:1 replacement for the local access.  Feel free to submit it as a feature request in the 'Requests and Suggestions' forum though.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Some functions like backup show only enabled through access. Omada SDN cloud to local transition.
2023-10-27 14:38:25
Thank you for referring me. I did make a request upon your suggestion. I've had experience with the Unifi system a little and their controllers when it comes to access points. I also though the Aruba Instant On would have similar functions, but with them it's cloud or local only. I tried the cloud function but reverted back to local.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 2

Related Articles