Votes

802.1x WAN Authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 18:51:57
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm looking to use this router in a 802.1x authentication protected ports, so it would be great if we can configure wpa_supplicant for the WAN port. LAN port would be a bonus, but mostly looking for WAN port.

Options
3 Reply
Re:802.1x WAN Authentication
2023-11-03 02:57:22

Hi @zhiyan114 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you illustrate more about your application scenarios?

Is this RADIUS on the WAN port?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-03 19:36:10

@Clive_A Hi, yes, I'm trying to use the router in a EAP-protected network port, which requires a certificate authentication.

Options
2023-11-06 01:16:37

Hi @zhiyan114 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

zhiyan114 wrote

@Clive_A Hi, yes, I'm trying to use the router in a EAP-protected network port, which requires a certificate authentication.

Is this gonna be a double-NAT network? First, this is not recommended.

Second, this is a router that should be placed between the WAN and LAN. If you use it in such a scenario, then you should not run into any issues with EAP.

I am afraid this feature may never be available.

If you have more information to add about what other vendors do, please let me know.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.