Map topology wrong on RSTP

2023-11-02 19:54:57
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.12.9

Problem:

The topology on the map shows the wrong setup (https://omada.example.com/#mapEntry) or the setup is jumping into different configurations. Sometimes correct, but generally wrong.

Description

Today, I added a loop to my existing setup and configured RSTP. The connections are shown correctly on the devices and initally on the topology screen. After a few seconds, the topology screen changes to the wrong topology. The devices show the correct port settings and the correct port blocked for RSTP so it seems to be a display issue.

Physical topology (port in square brackets):

Internet <--> ER7206 [5] <--> [2] TL-SG2428P (Location G) [1] <----------------------------------------------|  (connected to the device 2428 (Location D) below, I have no down arrow)

[6] <--> [8] TL-SG2210P (Location K) [1] <--> [2] TL-SG2428P (Location D) [1]

Actual topology based on the ports (been shown once or twice when waiting long enough. Refreshing the display jumps straight to the wrong image)

Internet <--> ER7206 [5] <--> [2] TL-SG2428P (Location G) [1 disabled by RSTP]

[6] <--> [8] TL-SG2210P (Location K) [1] <--> [2] TL-SG2428P (Location D) [1 Active]

Displayed topology

Internet <--> ER7206 [6] <--> [8] TL-SG2210P (Location K) [1] <--> [2] TL-SG2428P (Location D) [1] <--> [1 disabled] TL-SG2428P (Location G) [2 Active]

Also interesting to note is, when enabling the "Link Labels", it does show different ports than the displayed ones for Location G. The link between Location D and G show Port [1] and [2]. Port 2 would be the correct port that is in use but connected to the ER7206.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Map topology wrong on RSTP
2023-11-24 06:46:03

Hello @sb0373,

A newer 5.13 Beta firmware has been released for trial, please follow the post link below for testing whether this issue still occurs.
Omada SDN Controller_V5.13 Beta (Updated on Nov 21st, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Map topology wrong on RSTP
2023-11-24 07:42:59

@Hank21 

Unfortunately no change.

When loading the page:

Here is to note that the view is not consistent. Sometimes the placement of the "Omada Controller" and "Location D" are swapped.

I just noticed another "bug": Since very recent, I have two internet connections on the ER7206. This image is not showing this at all. There should be at least a mention of the WAN port and the WAN/LAN1 port connected (not sure which one #2 is in the above case).

In the last release firmware, the above image changed to the correct one after some time (minutes). I have not noticed that happening so far. I will update this post in case it shows up.

For completeness, the physical loop is between ER7206 and Location G. The disabled port is on Location G going to Location D.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 2

Related Articles