Portal timeout: devices do not get the portal

Portal timeout: devices do not get the portal

16 Reply
Re:Portal timeout: devices do not get the portal
2024-01-04 21:24:51
Ah, OK! So it was referring to the lines you wrote above:)
Options
2024-02-15 06:58:34

@d0ugmac1 

Hello! I got around to do the update, starting from Raspi updating. (By the way, I said mine was version 10, but it was wrong: it's 11. I kept this version, didn't burn a new card) Now, everything went fine up to creating a new controller with the latest version, making it run, and uploading the old config file. No error message. However, the access points do not get adopted: it shows "adopting" forever, like 40min. I noticed that a few APs' started saying  "adoption failed". So I stopped the new container and started the old one again. Could you tell what could be the cause? Should I update the APs first? (Currently 5.0.4 Build 20211021 Rel. 57494) Or could I have done something on the APs that prevents them from being adopted from another controller and I forgot about it, or so?

I will appreciate your advice!

Options
2024-02-15 12:11:04

@doremifajb 

I'm pretty sure 3+ year old firmware won't be compatible with the latest 5.X Controllers. My suggestion is upgrade one of the APs, and see if it can be successfully adopted by your new controller instance.  If so, then you have you answer :) and can do the rest.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-02-15 15:21:12

@d0ugmac1 Thank you for your suggestion! I tried: went back to the old one, updated one of the APs, saved the config file, stopped, started the new controller, uploaded the new config file. But it doesn't get adopted....

Options
2024-02-15 15:45:24

@doremifajb 

Are you using 'bridge' or 'host' networking for the docker container?  You need to open more ports between the container and the host for the later firmware versions.  Alternatively, just run the Omada container with 'host' networking instead of the default of bridge.  You'll now if the container self identifies with a 172.17.0.X address instead of the IP assigned the Pi itself.

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/3281/

The key ones are the 298XX ports

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-02-16 08:47:34

@d0ugmac1 Thanks a lot for your tips! I didn't know about "more ports". I just went ahead with following your example, created another container with "host". Now it works !!! Thanks a million !

Options
Related Articles