EAP Heartbeat missed cause error on switch ports

2023-11-07 14:18:18
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi guys, I have a weird problem, I hope you guys can help me, so I can prevent it from happening again.

We have 30 some EAP620's and a few 610 outdoors, connected to a Cisco L3 network with several 9200L/9300L's.

What happend is this, we did a firmware upgrade on 1 of our switches being offline for more then 5 mins. AP's on another switch in the next builing connected to that switch cannot connect to the omada(OC200), as expected they get status Heartbeat Missed and shorlty after that status Disconnected.

The weird thing is, that neighbouring AP's in a different building on different switcthes  that cán connect to the omada also get status Heartbeat Missed and shorlty after that status Disconnected, they down go one by one like domino's.

I found out that the switch ports of those AP's went on error-disabled, when I enabled them again they will startup again and get Connected.

I know when they get heartbeat missed, the AP sends inform packets, could that be the reason the ports goes into error-disabled mode? Can I change something in Omada or do I need to disable STP on the switches?

Second question is, how and why do the other AP's also goes down?

Thanks! 

Regards, John

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP Heartbeat missed cause error on switch ports
2023-11-08 08:14:51

@jhnsl 

Did you set ACL or VLAN on the switch? There are something block the communication between the EAP and the controller, check it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 1

Related Articles