[HELP] Converting LAN to WAN

2023-11-08 07:43:44
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

(Totally a beginner here)

I want to connect this device to another router to get Wi-Fi access to my room. I know that using a CAT6 cable I can connect it. But the problem is this router has only LAN ports. 

I found this thread How to configure TD-W8960N's LAN port work as WAN port(TD-W8960N work with cable modem) | TP-Link France and I was wondering if I could do the same to this device. The problem is the user interface shown in the thread is no longer here, and I am having quite some difficulties finding the correct settings in the new UI. If you could please explain to me what I can do to convert or any better option, it will be very helpful.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[HELP] Converting LAN to WAN
2023-11-08 11:54:21

@Xoraz 

Hi, the TD-W8961N doesn't support wireless router mode, thus it has no WAN port or LAN/WAN port.

If you are going to connect it to another router instead of bridge modem, you could use LAN port on it to configure it as an access point, here is the guide:

How to setup a TP-Link DSL modem router as an Access Point

Note: even though the web interface looks different as well, but main steps are the same, that is to customize your wireless settings, change LAN IP address within the main router and then disable DHCP Server.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1

Related Articles