Internet disconnect for exactly 1hour after download large file at full download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet disconnect for exactly 1hour after download large file at full download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-11 08:11:18 - last edited 2023-11-13 12:34:18
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20230526 rel.53018(5553)

I currently have the typical setup where I connect my PC devices to an AX73 router, which is connected to an ONT modem using cables. I have been using this router for over a year without any issues. However, after my ISP upgraded my internet speed to a 500Mbps plan, I noticed that whenever I try to download a large file at its full speed of around 62Mbps, the router loses its internet connection for exactly 1 hour. Internet connection works fine afterwards.

During this disconnection period, I am still able to access the router management page through my browser. I have attempted to resolve the issue by rebooting the router and ONT modem, as well as connecting my PC directly to the ONT modem, but these attempts have been unsuccessful. I've also tested in different day, I directly connect my PC to the ONT modem and download the same file at the full speed of around 62Mbps, there is no internet disconnect. This seems to indicate my router is the culprit.

As a temporary solution, I have set a speed limit of 30Mbps to avoid the disconnection issue. I'm at a loss here as to why this is happening and need your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Internet disconnect for exactly 1hour after download large file at full download speed-Solution
2023-11-13 07:42:44 - last edited 2023-11-13 12:34:18

@crz 

Hi, it seems that you are not on the latest firmware, please download the latest firmware and update it to see if it solves the problem:

Firmware Download for Archer AX73 V1

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet disconnect for exactly 1hour after download large file at full download speed-Solution
2023-11-13 07:42:44 - last edited 2023-11-13 12:34:18

@crz 

Hi, it seems that you are not on the latest firmware, please download the latest firmware and update it to see if it solves the problem:

Firmware Download for Archer AX73 V1

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Internet disconnect for exactly 1hour after download large file at full download speed
2023-11-13 12:34:00

@Sunshine 

Huh didnt think to try update the firmwarelaugh. So after I auto update it to 1.3.5 Build 20230922 rel.71211(5553) and test to download a 80gb+ game through steam, the download able to complete at its full speed 62MB/s ~ without any internet disconnection.

Thank you for the help! blush

Options
Re:Internet disconnect for exactly 1hour after download large file at full download speed
2023-11-14 02:14:42

@crz 

Glad to hear that you've solved the problem via firmware update, hope you could enjoy the internet!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 3

Related Articles