Omada Dynamic DNS for custom providers does not work

Omada Dynamic DNS for custom providers does not work

17 Reply
Re:Omada Dynamic DNS for custom providers does not work
2023-11-16 17:40:33
Hi @Clive_A, yes, the same WAN Connection and same software, but for the ER7206 v1.0. I have add this with some additional information to my original post.
Options
Re:Omada Dynamic DNS for custom providers does not work-Solution
2023-11-17 01:39:17 - last edited 2023-11-18 12:51:20

Hi  @Ziesie @NinjaMonkey 

Ziesie wrote

Hi @Clive_A, yes, the same WAN Connection and same software, but for the ER7206 v1.0. I have add this with some additional information to my original post.

Can you try this Set your WAN Connection Type to be Dynamic IP or any other type. Save. Then switch back to the PPPoE. Save. Try to connect your DDNS again on the config page?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-18 12:51:12

Hey @Clive_A ,

that actually worked, thank you very much.

Options
2023-11-20 02:13:25

@Ziesie

I tried exact steps and didn't work for me.

What is  ur ER605 V1 firmware adn what SDN controller version u r running?

Options
2023-11-20 03:00:24

@Ziesie 

Status offline means that is not connected to DDNS service you specified.

I tried to confirm if DDNS reqest was even sent from OMADA but look like that setting didnt applied to the router

I did use requestinspector dot com

I did use provided requestinspector dot com reqest capture URL and place it in the cutom url in DDNS settings

https://<something>/nic/update?&username=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]&hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]

If you open the URL like that i browser you will see incoming reqest from the browser trying to open URL but then I same the same URL in DDNS in OMADA there is not reqest coming to reqestinspector, That is how I know its was NEVER sent from the Router

I do see that beta firmware is testing for ER605 V2 bit nothing for V1

Options
2023-11-23 20:36:58 - last edited 2023-11-23 20:37:31

@Naissus I had the same behavior as you.

You can find my hardware specs in the original post #1.

My solution was to disable the DDNS connection. Then change the WAN connection to Dynamic IP, wait a minute and reset to PPPoE. After enabling the DDNS connection it worked for me.

I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't work for you. Maybe you should open a separate post.

Options
Re:Omada Dynamic DNS for custom providers does not work-Solution
2023-11-23 23:28:39 - last edited 2023-11-24 01:37:12

@Ziesie 

Ziesie wrote

@Naissus I had the same behavior as you.

You can find my hardware specs in the original post #1.

My solution was to disable the DDNS connection. Then change the WAN connection to Dynamic IP, wait a minute and reset to PPPoE. After enabling the DDNS connection it worked for me.

I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't work for you. Maybe you should open a separate post.

Issue is resolved

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/609288?replyId=1282986

Recommended Solution
Options

Tags

DDNS
Related Articles