TP-Link Switch (TL-SG1210P) only provides 10/100 Mbps Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-11 21:51:10 - last edited 2023-11-13 01:11:24
Model: TL-SG1210P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230601 Rel. 66771

I just installed a TP Link PoE+ Switch (TL-SG1210P). Unfortunately, all ports are only providing 10/100 Mbps speeds (as opposed to gig speeds) even though I have gig speed internet at the house. I've tried everything - rebooting the switch multiple times, different ethernet cables, etc. I have my deco router plugged into the uplink port of the switch - that IS providing gig speeds to the switch (i.e., flashing green). However, all of the devices that I'm plugging into the switch (including multiple deco nodes) are maxing out in the 10/100 Mbps range (i.e., flashing orange light as opposed to flashing green light). When I attempt to conduct speedtests on my phone within the area of the deco nodes, the speeds are horrible (e.g, 8 to 9 Mbps). Any suggestions as to how I can correct this? 

I was really excited to get this new mesh network installed. However, given this problem, I'm truly at the point where unplugging everything and simply having my router cover the entire house is better than what I have now. In that scenario, the 'dead zones' were at least giving me 30 to 40 Mpbs download speeds. Now, they're a percentage of that.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Switch (TL-SG1210P) only provides 10/100 Mbps Speeds
2023-11-13 03:21:14

Hi @TimG22 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Double-check your Ethernet cable. Use a 3-foot one, CAT5e at least, and test it out again.

You can run the cable, both ends into the switch itself and see if it is a green LED. If yes, then the switch is not broken. It is your cable issue.

So, my general suggestion would be to replace them, avoid very cheap cables, and don't bend over the cable too hard, that'll break the connection.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1

Related Articles