Unable to unbind tplink ddns address after resetting the router

2023-11-12 18:22:56 - last edited 2023-12-05 12:51:58
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

So i have been using the router for linking the **********.tplinkdns.com (will be called A address below) before, and it had been completely frozen which lead me to do a whole reset on the router.

the problem is after the reset, i am unable to unbind it, so i am unable to get it binded with the old address i had used before.

on the hope of hoping it get unbinded automatically, i have been created another address **********.tplinkdns.com( will be called as B address below), but i had noticed that the A address does actually have binding to my ip address which hasn't been changed by the ISP for a long time.

the problem is, my IP address finally got changed, and i am completely locked out from using that address.

Is there anyway to manually unbind it? or is there a page to see addresses associated to my account? (since i have multiple routers )

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to unbind tplink ddns address after resetting the router-Solution
2023-11-15 09:30:45 - last edited 2023-12-05 12:51:58

@wwwaaa1234 

Hi, thank you for the explanation.

So the DDNS A is not listed on your DDNS page but DDNS B is listed, right?

Please log out of your TP-Link ID from the router to release the DDNS hostname, then wait for at least 15 minutes, and then check if you will be able to use the DDNS A on another router.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to unbind tplink ddns address after resetting the router
2023-11-13 09:39:52

@wwwaaa1234 

Hi, do you mean the A address is still bound to your router A, but A address stopped working when used to access the Router A remotely after the router A IP address changed?

It is recommended to use nslookup command to check which IP address the A address resolves, then compare it with the Router A current public IP address to see if they are the same.

By the way, there is no website for TP-Link DDNS to view the addresses and account. For more troubleshooting related to the DDNS issue, please follow this guide:

Troubleshooting Guide of DDNS function

Options
Re:Unable to unbind tplink ddns address after resetting the router
2023-11-15 07:25:06
no... i would try to explain it clearer the situation was, A router binded to address A A router broken-> lead to a reset via the reset pin which after reset, the router cannot get the A address back, but it is able to get a B address i am able to confirm A address is still allocated to my old IP address through ping. i am unable to unbind that from my deleted profile (which happens because of hard reset of the router) so it is stay occupied and not getting any updates. so on this state i am hoping to find a way to manually release that hostname, and acquire it again through my another router, is it possible?
Options
Re:Unable to unbind tplink ddns address after resetting the router-Solution
2023-11-15 09:30:45 - last edited 2023-12-05 12:51:58

@wwwaaa1234 

Hi, thank you for the explanation.

So the DDNS A is not listed on your DDNS page but DDNS B is listed, right?

Please log out of your TP-Link ID from the router to release the DDNS hostname, then wait for at least 15 minutes, and then check if you will be able to use the DDNS A on another router.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 3

Related Articles