Dual WAN setup without hardware controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-16 18:58:26
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought this unit to combine my 5G home internet and cable internet for both faster speeds and failover protection when the power/cable goes out (all network devices are on APCs for power backup). Trying to figure out if I am going to have to buy the hardware controller to configure this because when I try to set it up in the app it asks for a device key which this unit doesn't seem to have. From what I've seen online my desired results require configuration and I can't just plug and play. 

Options
1 Reply
Re: Dual WAN setup without hardware controller
2023-11-17 01:14:52 - last edited 2023-11-17 02:36:30

Hia @Templej51 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No router is plug-and-play. If you want to seek plug-and-play on a router, and management via the app, you should consider the Deco. I am not sure if supports dual-WAN.

You misunderstand the manual. If you want to use the app, you should use the Controller. You buy it and on the Controller, you have the Device Key on the back. You scan and bind to your app.

Or use the free SDN controller. Free to download. But if you need to access it anytime, you should keep it alive on your computer. It is a server.

The app does not fully give you access to the config and manage via the app. Use the web to configure which gives you all the available features.

Download for ER605 V1

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 195

Replies: 1

Related Articles