Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I configured my network with OC200

ER7602

SG2218P

SG3428

and I'm not getting an IP address from VLAN internal DHCP.

For MGMT VLAN its working. For all other VLANs not.   Example: Heimnetz VLAN:

I can unplug/plug the cable and try to renew the IP, but it doen't get an IP. Its not working for no network.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada config: DHCP not working-Solution
2023-11-21 08:59:53 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:20:24

Thank you both for your replys.

I was not able to solve it, so I decided to set everything up freshly. Afterwards it worked.

Luckily it is only a test setup right now, but if this would happen in live environment that would be a disaster.

Hopefully this does not happen again.

I have change a little thing in my current design:

- Before the router was connected to the 28-port switch which was connected via a aggregated link (2x1000G SFP) to the 18-port switch where the OC200 and clients where connected to.
- Now the router is also connected to the 18-port switch directly.

Maybe there was a problem with the aggregation... I don't know. Will do further tests...

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada config: DHCP not working
2023-11-19 21:32:54 - last edited 2023-11-20 01:00:41

@SebastianH 

Did you tag the trunk port on the switch for that VLAN?

Options
Re:Omada config: DHCP not working
2023-11-20 02:37:39

Hi @SebastianH 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Like what's being said above, have you double-checked if this VLAN is through from the router to the switch and then to the client?

Did you miss this VLAN in the port profile config anywhere in this setup?

That could be the only reason when you fiddle with the port profile. By default, the "All" profile, I believe it works perfectly. Right? If your answer is yes, then somewhere in the config you misconfigured the VLAN.

Would need a diagram of the setup. Or I am not able to troubleshoot. Just tell you that your VLAN is not right.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Omada config: DHCP not working-Solution
2023-11-21 08:59:53 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:20:24

Thank you both for your replys.

I was not able to solve it, so I decided to set everything up freshly. Afterwards it worked.

Luckily it is only a test setup right now, but if this would happen in live environment that would be a disaster.

Hopefully this does not happen again.

I have change a little thing in my current design:

- Before the router was connected to the 28-port switch which was connected via a aggregated link (2x1000G SFP) to the 18-port switch where the OC200 and clients where connected to.
- Now the router is also connected to the 18-port switch directly.

Maybe there was a problem with the aggregation... I don't know. Will do further tests...

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 3

Related Articles