4G backup line is not supported, Omada features still limited?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-22 16:22:49 - last edited 2023-11-23 01:01:09

I have a question about the features of the Omada controller. Is there an overview of functions that disappear after adding hardware to the Omada cloud? This time I had the surprise of losing the connection to my ER605 router due to the fact that the 4g modem / usb port didn't worked after the migration to the Omada cloud. After resetting the router back to factory settings I have the hardware as 'unknown' in the Omada cloud.

Is there a solution? I could imagine that people don't see this as a problem, till the moment your primary connection fails, your backup will not function due the fact of the limitations of the Omada cloud? 

Options
2 Reply
Re: 4G backup line is not supported, Omada features still limited?
2023-11-23 01:13:18

Hi @GvB 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Then use a static line for the primary connection. Or preconfigure on the Omada Cloud-based Controller (if you are talking about the Cloud-based Controller).

There is no better solution to this. The thing is that adopting will reset. Resetting will make you lose the config. How to Add Omada Devices to Omada Cloud-Based Controller

If you mess up the controller type, and you are talking about the local controller. Then you don't have to worry about Internet access. Only when the CBC scenario, you should worry about Internet access because the controller is based on the cloud.

Till I am typing here, are you saying that you use 4G backup WAN as your primary?? Wait, what?

GvB wrote

This time I had the surprise of losing the connection to my ER605 router due to the fact that the 4g modem / usb port didn't worked after the migration to the Omada cloud This time I had the surprise of losing the connection to my ER605 router due to the fact that the 4g modem / usb port didn't worked after the migration to the Omada cloud.

I don't get it at all.. USB modem can ONLY be used as a backup. If you have a normal link as Dynamic IP, that would not be a problem. Your description does not make sense.

Just do it from the local network and refer to the manual if you are new to something. Instead of making a statement that is headless. 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re: 4G backup line is not supported, Omada features still limited?
2023-11-23 06:54:51 - last edited 2023-11-23 07:58:59

Will a 4G modem as primary line on the R605 via USB be available as soon as you want to manage the R605 via the Omada cloud? I know that a number of functions (in the beginning?) were not available in the Omada environment, I ask the question here to find a list of functions that are excluded as soon as you migrate your hardware to Omada to rule out in advance that this function, like some others, is not yet available in the Omada cloud.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 2

Related Articles