Cannot setup EAP610 in standalone mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-23 06:45:10 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:49:36
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.26

Hi, I recently purchased a EAP610 for use in a small-business, but wanted to test it out on my home network since the setup will be very similar.
My home network setup is very simple with a Linksys Max  AX1800 connected to my cable modem. I connected the EAP610 with the power adapter as well as to one of the 4 ethernet ports on my Linksys router. Following the setup instructions is not working at all for me. Here are the following things I tried.

1. I attempted to login to the router's default SSID (both 2.4ghz and 5 ghz were tried), but my Google pixel refuses to connect, showing "IP Configuration Failed", which means I cannot use the app to set it up.
2. I attempted the same thing, but using my laptop and was able to connect to both the SSIDs, however, when I tried to navigate to the tplinkeap.net (I also tried tplinkap.net, 192.168.0.254), these simply result in "Site cannot be reached"
3. I tried steps 1 and 2, with it NOT connected to my router via ethernet, with just the power adapter plugged in to provide power. This produced the exact same results.

4. I reset the AP in-between steps, so thats not the problem either.
5. I have also verified on my router's mgmt page that even though the AP is connected to the router via ethernet, it does not show up as a connected device nor has it given it a DHCP lease, so basically appears invisible to my router.
6. I doubt its my ethernet cable, i just bought a brand new one for this express purpose, my PS4 is also connected to ethernet to my router and works just fine. Have also tried using different ethernet ports on my router.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Just want to be able to set it up as a standalone AP for my home network.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot setup EAP610 in standalone mode
2023-11-23 16:17:57

@mlohc137 

Login to the Linksys MAX and find the AP in the list of attached wired 'clients'.  Access the AP via that assigned IP.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-11-24 09:20:16

@d0ugmac1 Hi, thanks for the reply. So I'm not sure where that would be, I don't think the Linksys "Smart Wifi" router portal has a section for wired devices. It only has a single "Device List" area that includes both wired and wirelessly connected devices. I know this because my PS4 is a wired device and shows up in the same area as other wirelessly connected devices.

Options
2023-11-24 14:00:04
ok, well you should still be able to track it down in a combined list. If you aren't sure, have a look at the product sticker on the AP, find the MAC address (6 pairs of hexadecimal numbers) and then match that MAC to an IP on the Linksys.
Options
2023-11-24 17:33:52

@d0ugmac1 Right, yeah I'm saying its not there, thats the problem. I'm trying to figure out why its not appearing as a connected device. I also tried manually assigning it a DHCP reservation by mapping the MAC address to an unused 192.168... address, but that did not work. I guess because the router does not even recognize it as a connected device in the first place.

Options
2023-11-24 17:37:18

@mlohc137 

If the router does not even recognize it you either have a power or cabling (or both) problem.

Does the AP LED come on?

Can you try connecting the AP directly to the router via 2 known good cables...ie router->POE device->AP

Check inside the AP ethernet port for debris

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 5

Related Articles