Cannot setup EAP610 in standalone mode
Hi, I recently purchased a EAP610 for use in a small-business, but wanted to test it out on my home network since the setup will be very similar.
My home network setup is very simple with a Linksys Max AX1800 connected to my cable modem. I connected the EAP610 with the power adapter as well as to one of the 4 ethernet ports on my Linksys router. Following the setup instructions is not working at all for me. Here are the following things I tried.
1. I attempted to login to the router's default SSID (both 2.4ghz and 5 ghz were tried), but my Google pixel refuses to connect, showing "IP Configuration Failed", which means I cannot use the app to set it up.
2. I attempted the same thing, but using my laptop and was able to connect to both the SSIDs, however, when I tried to navigate to the tplinkeap.net (I also tried tplinkap.net, 192.168.0.254), these simply result in "Site cannot be reached"
3. I tried steps 1 and 2, with it NOT connected to my router via ethernet, with just the power adapter plugged in to provide power. This produced the exact same results.
4. I reset the AP in-between steps, so thats not the problem either.
5. I have also verified on my router's mgmt page that even though the AP is connected to the router via ethernet, it does not show up as a connected device nor has it given it a DHCP lease, so basically appears invisible to my router.
6. I doubt its my ethernet cable, i just bought a brand new one for this express purpose, my PS4 is also connected to ethernet to my router and works just fine. Have also tried using different ethernet ports on my router.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Just want to be able to set it up as a standalone AP for my home network.