Votes

Anti tethering

Votes

Anti tethering

65 Reply
Re:Anti tethering-Solution
2024-03-07 06:20:19 - last edited 2024-03-07 06:20:25

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback and post. We have forwarded your request to our developer team for evaluation.
To stay updated on firmware releases, we recommend subscribing to the pinned thread on the related page or regularly checking our official website where new releases are typically announced promptly.
Please note that all requests undergo a thorough evaluation by our developer team before being added to the roadmap. This process may take some time, so please be patient if you don't see immediate results. Features with lower priority or fewer user reports might experience delays in implementation as we gather more feedback and compare it with competitor products.
It is important to understand that submitting a request does not guarantee its implementation; only requests that pass the evaluation will be considered for inclusion in future updates.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
RE:Anti tethering
2024-03-07 08:42:30
need this
Options
Re:Anti tethering
2024-03-07 14:19:59

@Clive_A 

win win if we have these features

Options
2024-03-12 09:03:54
This is a win for the WiFi business, I have a customer who bought 1 voucher but all his friends are using it via tethering.
Options
2024-03-12 12:05:33
we need this
Options
2024-03-13 13:03:00 - last edited 2024-03-13 13:06:44

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express a suggestion for enhancing the functionality of your Omada Controller software. As a loyal user of TP-Link products, particularly the Omada Controller, I have been thoroughly impressed with its capabilities in managing network infrastructure efficiently.

However, in today's dynamic networking landscape, the issue of unauthorized tethering poses a significant challenge for network administrators. Unauthorized tethering not only drains network resources but also compromises security and can lead to potential breaches. Therefore, I believe that incorporating an anti-tethering feature into the Omada Controller would be immensely beneficial for your users.

This feature could include the ability to detect and block unauthorized tethering devices, as well as provide administrators with alerts and reports to monitor tethering activity. By integrating such functionality into the Omada Controller, TP-Link can further solidify its position as a leader in providing comprehensive network management solutions.

I understand that implementing new features requires careful consideration and resources, but I firmly believe that prioritizing the addition of an anti-tethering feature will be well-received by your user base and would greatly enhance the value proposition of the Omada Controller.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. I eagerly anticipate any updates or developments regarding this matter.

Options
2024-03-17 05:06:22
I have a omada voucher type wifi bussines. I voted for this anti tethering features..i will wwait it to be added in future update..
Options
2024-03-18 14:14:15
Please please make it happen, we need the anti hotspot sharing..tyvm!
Options
2024-03-20 13:45:12
we need it
Options
Re:Anti tethering
2024-03-22 14:29:33

Sh0ckWaVeZzz wrote

We need some features that can block multiple device/ smartphones by sharing their internet using hotspot. 

Please vote

Options

Voters 70

+ 66 Voters