ER605 now has GRE VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 now has GRE VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 now has GRE VPN
ER605 now has GRE VPN
2023-11-24 17:16:29 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:39:15
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

Hello.  There is new VPN function in the newest release of the ER605 firmware! is there a guide on how to set GRE up?

Do I have to set it up from both locations' ER605?

How does it work?  Does it give better connectivity than the L2TP I'm using right now?  I really want to try to look for alternative for my VPN connection between my two locations because L2TP is becoming slow for viewing of cameras in location B even though I've set up lower video quality from the cameras, AND, there has been no change in my ISP's bandwidth in both locations.  It seems that after installing the latest firmware release, my L2TP bandwidth between the two locations have degraded a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 now has GRE VPN-Solution
2023-11-27 03:27:43 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:39:15

Hi @firefox111 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

User Guide, GRE VPN config, page 160.

firefox111 wrote

Yes.

firefox111 wrote

How does it work?  Does it give better connectivity than the L2TP I'm using right now?  I really want to try to look for alternative for my VPN connection between my two locations because L2TP is becoming slow for viewing of cameras in location B even though I've set up lower video quality from the cameras, AND, there has been no change in my ISP's bandwidth in both locations.  It seems that after installing the latest firmware release, my L2TP bandwidth between the two locations have degraded a bit.

Thanks in advance.

How does it work... Look it up on YouTube or Google. It is not gonna be easy to explain in a few words if you want to learn the differences between VPN protocols.

For the VPN speed, fewer protocols and encryption methods used are better.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 now has GRE VPN-Solution
2023-11-27 03:27:43 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:39:15

Hi @firefox111 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

User Guide, GRE VPN config, page 160.

firefox111 wrote

Yes.

firefox111 wrote

Thanks in advance.

How does it work... Look it up on YouTube or Google. It is not gonna be easy to explain in a few words if you want to learn the differences between VPN protocols.

For the VPN speed, fewer protocols and encryption methods used are better.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 now has GRE VPN
2023-11-27 05:30:45

I tried to setup a GRE VPN but it requires an IP Address. Not for me. Both my locations are DHCP clients from the ISP!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 711

Replies: 2

Related Articles