Security Manager Virtual NVR

2023-11-25 04:42:36 - last edited 2023-11-25 04:43:45

I have a computer that is setup with the security manager and local devices, I have SD-Cards doing event recording and local storage on the computer doing continuous recording.

Is there a way to add this virtual DVR to another security manager or the app so I can view the virtual DVR recording remotely.

When adding a TP-Link ID to the computer doing the continuous computer storage recording, it disable this feature or more accurately, doesnt allow viewing of the virtual DVR, it will only allow local. Have both local and TP-Link ID also does not help. Be great if we could view the virtual NVR remotely.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Security Manager Virtual NVR
2023-11-28 02:19:17

Hi @w45h245hy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you confirm that you have bound your VSM to the correct TP-Link ID? That would be the only possibility this does not work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-04 11:17:29

@Clive_A WHen you bind the VSM to the TP-Link ID it removes the virtual NVR. The option just disapears.

Options
2023-12-05 07:57:02

@w45h245hy 

It is possible to add the virtual DVR to another security manager or app for remote viewing. However, adding a TP-Link ID to the computer doing continuous recording may disable the feature of viewing the virtual DVR remotely. In this case, having both local and TP-Link ID does not help. It would be ideal if there was a way to view the virtual NVR remotely.

Options
2023-12-05 08:43:09
I have completely removed the TP-Link ID off the computer doing the continuous recording, it is in local mode only. Do you have the steps to add the virtual DVR to another local only security manager, as I have explored everything and it doesnt work.
Options
2023-12-07 03:01:31
Heya just checking in if you have any guidance on how to add the virtual DVR to another VSM,
Options
2023-12-12 10:48:58

When is VSM going to be available, this is the only way I can see to get this working.

We should be able to access a virtual NVR remotely.

Options
2023-12-12 13:01:13

@w45h245hy 

To add the virtual DVR to another VSM:

1. Open VSM software.
  2. Find "Add Device" in settings.
  3. Enter DVR details.
  4. Complete the setup.

If VSM is unavailable, check for updates or contact support. Ensure remote access by configuring firewall and ports.

Let me know if you need more help.

Options
2023-12-14 04:07:16
TP-Link has said VMS is not available as of yet. Those instructions only work for a DVR appliance, not for the Virtual NVR in the VSM client unfortuantely.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 8

Related Articles