EAP dual LAN interface LAG config (Link Aggregation Group)

2023-11-28 06:15:28 - last edited 2023-11-30 06:53:42
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Firmware Update #LAG (Link Aggregate Group)
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

following on from previous closed thread:

Business Community > WiFi > EAP245 v3 - LAG (Link Aggregation Groups) Support?

• https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/164270
  • forrest wrote that "EAP products don't support LAG function" (2019-07-05 10:52:01), however forrest is wrong:
    • I own a number of TP-Link EAP330's and those DO support LAG
    • even TPLink themselves have a guide on configuring EAP330's for LAG's at
      • https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1260/#:~:text=Introduction%3A%20EAP330%20has%20two%20gigabit,won't%20lose%20wired%20connection.

I have a number of EAP330's that are dual gigabit LAN and capable of LAG configuration.

TPLink dropped EAP330's after version 3 of Omada (why??), which was extremely unkind and expensive, so I had stayed on OC200 Omada v3 until now.

Unfortunately it is all too easy to accept the firmware upgrade of OC200 when you are updating so many devices, and instantly my EAP330's no longer register despite booting up.  I am forced to ditch perfectly working hardware that was working perfectly fine yesterday.  I wish TPLink would offer me a trade-in price on the EAP330's due to their decision.

I bought an EAP245 for trial as it was advertised as having dual LAN interfaces.  If trial was succesful then the budget plan was to replace all EAP330's with EAp245's.

I am bitterly disappointed to discover that apparently TPLink do not plan to retain the existing LAG support into the 245's despite the dual LANs.

I'm now worried about investing further in TPLink AP's as it feels like my hardware purchased goes backwards in capability.

If they had kept EAP300, or continued LAG into EAP245, then at least I'd be equal to where I was at the start.

But now with them doing both of these actions I have gone BACKWARDS from where I started.

All my switching at this site is also TPLink managed switches, and making significant use of LAG's on those for fibre trunks and LAGs for servers/NAS's as well.

Can TPLink please comment on

• carrying over the EAP330 already-existing LAG capability to EAP245 that was "feature request" raised back in 2020?   (and why does an existing feature need a feature request anyway, why are we going backwards?)
  • Or can you please release an Omada OC200 v5 / EAP330 update to restore existing EAP330's?
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP dual LAN interface LAG config (Link Aggregation Group)-Solution
2023-11-29 03:57:16 - last edited 2023-11-30 06:53:42

Hello @D_Shack

D_Shack wrote

• carrying over the EAP330 already-existing LAG capability to EAP245 that was "feature request" raised back in 2020?   (and why does an existing feature need a feature request anyway, why are we going backwards?)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

• Or can you please release an Omada OC200 v5 / EAP330 update to restore existing EAP330's?

EAP330 is EOL now: TP-Link End of Life Products

There will be security fixes yet we may not release any new features you see on the Omada Controller. Apology for this inconvenience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP dual LAN interface LAG config (Link Aggregation Group)-Solution
2023-11-29 03:57:16 - last edited 2023-11-30 06:53:42

Hello @D_Shack

D_Shack wrote

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

EAP330 is EOL now: TP-Link End of Life Products

There will be security fixes yet we may not release any new features you see on the Omada Controller. Apology for this inconvenience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 1

Tags

Network Connectivity Firmware Update
LAG (Link Aggregate Group)
Related Articles