AX73 Remote FTP Server Access IP address changes

2023-11-28 08:53:37 - last edited 2023-12-05 12:36:32
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

I have configured the USB share function. I am able to connect remotely to the FTP server. But only once or twice afterwhich the router changes the FTP address. And i have to reconnect again. How can i set a static address? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX73 Remote FTP Server Access IP address changes-Solution
2023-11-29 03:33:27 - last edited 2023-12-05 12:36:32

@QuentinG 

Hi, as terziyski mentioned, you could contact your ISP to give you a static public IP address, or consider using DDNS function to bind a fixed domain name to the dynamic public IP address.

The DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name System) feature allows users to remotely access their devices or local servers by assigning a domain name to their dynamic IP address.

You may log in to router's web management interface and go to Advanced > Network > Dynamic DNS > Select a DDNS service provider and configure it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:AX73 Remote FTP Server Access IP address changes
2023-11-28 11:58:00

@QuentinG 

That probably depends on what type of public IP address you've been assigned by your ISP - dynamic or static.

If you want a static IP address from your ISP then you should contact them and ask for assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:AX73 Remote FTP Server Access IP address changes-Solution
2023-11-29 03:33:27 - last edited 2023-12-05 12:36:32

@QuentinG 

Hi, as terziyski mentioned, you could contact your ISP to give you a static public IP address, or consider using DDNS function to bind a fixed domain name to the dynamic public IP address.

The DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name System) feature allows users to remotely access their devices or local servers by assigning a domain name to their dynamic IP address.

You may log in to router's web management interface and go to Advanced > Network > Dynamic DNS > Select a DDNS service provider and configure it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 2

Related Articles