VIGI Security Manager software

2023-11-30 08:23:50 - last edited 2023-12-07 03:12:28
Model: VIGI C340-W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I installed VIGI C340-C camera on position and connected it with computer. It is O.K. I can see the the scene with real-time.

however I can't find the recording video file(MP4?, AVI?) on external HDD. I only can see 14pcs *.dat files. I have no idea what is it for? if one of *dat file will be damaged or something wrong, what is going to happend??

Is there any way to save the video file to be mp4 file with 5 or 10 minutes duration?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VIGI Security Manager software-Solution
2023-12-05 07:48:41 - last edited 2023-12-07 03:12:28

Hi @maple9 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

maple9 wrote

@Clive_A 

Yes, The camera is connected VSM on computer.

However I only can see the *.dat files. is there any way to save the file as mp4 with 5 or 10 mins duration?

No. Cannot be modified. This file will only be readable on the VSM. If you need to export, you might use the Playback and edit. Yet it only supports a 5-minute file.

Unfortunately, this is the design now. It is a proprietary format now.

You might try to look for tools online that might convert the .dat to .mp4. That might be a workaround as far as I can tell.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:VIGI Security Manager software
2023-12-01 01:57:23 - last edited 2023-12-01 01:58:02

Hi @maple9 

Have you linked your camera to the VSM?

Have you enabled recording on the VSM? Configure the camera to save on the desired location?

Do you insert the microSD card? If you have microSD, it has higher priority to store the video.

VIGI Security Manager_User Guide

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-04 08:09:06

@Clive_A 

What is VSM?

There is no SD-card. the computer has external USB stick for saving video files.

What I want is save the video file to external USB stick and VIGI Security manager software is for real time view.

and the video file will be mp4 file which have 5mins or 10mins so that everything will be safe even if there is file damaged.

Thanks.

Options
2023-12-04 08:29:51

Hi @maple9 

I am asking if you have bound the camera to the VIGI Security Manager(VSM). If yes, you should go to the settings and storage. In there, you should export the videos or set the schedule to record. This should be done locally when you modify the path.

Options
2023-12-05 06:17:51

@Clive_A 

However I only can see the *.dat files. is there any way to save the file as mp4 with 5 or 10 mins duration?

File:
Capture.JPGDownload
Options
Re:VIGI Security Manager software-Solution
2023-12-05 07:48:41 - last edited 2023-12-07 03:12:28

Hi @maple9 

maple9 wrote

@Clive_A 

No. Cannot be modified. This file will only be readable on the VSM. If you need to export, you might use the Playback and edit. Yet it only supports a 5-minute file.

Unfortunately, this is the design now. It is a proprietary format now.

You might try to look for tools online that might convert the .dat to .mp4. That might be a workaround as far as I can tell.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 5

Related Articles