Router to Access Point
Router to Access Point
2023-11-30 20:51:29 - last edited 2023-12-01 16:41:10
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

Hoping for some help here...

Brought the above and am trying to switch it from a router to an access point. Which seems easy online but I keep coming up against this screen - 

Follwoing the steps online I should be able to put in the default 'admin' password but that doesn't work, also resetting the router doesn't work either as the screen appears again after a full reset. I have created a TP-Link log in (seperate from my current router) but it links back round to this page again. 

On researching it sends me to find the router password on the base of the unit (WIFI password) but but this again does not work. 

Any ideas? Once I get into the interface it seems simple enough to switch it but don't know what else to try to get in...I even tried the word passwrord in desparation! 

Any help woudl be appreciated 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router to Access Point -Solution
2023-12-01 02:40:39 - last edited 2023-12-01 16:41:10

@MartiB 

To reset the router successfully you have to press the reset button for more than 5 seconds.

When you pressing reset button (use a paperclip or a toothpick) you should feel/hear a click.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router to Access Point -Solution
2023-12-01 02:40:39 - last edited 2023-12-01 16:41:10

@MartiB 

To reset the router successfully you have to press the reset button for more than 5 seconds.

When you pressing reset button (use a paperclip or a toothpick) you should feel/hear a click.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles