DPI is enabled but Application Analytics isn't populating

2023-12-08 16:09:13 - last edited 2024-01-31 02:12:30
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.13.22

I have enabled DPI and setup a rule, application filter of networks (Screenshots coming) and prior to created a rule the application analytics (logs) were populated but now they are not:

DPI looks like this:

As you see I have a restriction created that uses a filter "Torrents" that contains all the P2P things you have listed in the applications. Is that causing DPI not to log everything? It logged for the first few days and then when I added the torrents restriction it stopped logging anything.

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DPI is enabled but Application Analytics isn't populating-Solution
2024-01-31 02:12:24 - last edited 2024-01-31 02:12:30

Hi All,

Starting from Omada Controller v5.9, the controller needs to use port TCP 29815 to receive Device Info, Packet Capture Files, and DPI Application Statistic Data from the Omada devices. Please confirm that the firewall/anti-virus software doesn't block port 29815. The related Knowledge Base article has been updated, please refer here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:DPI is enabled but Application Analytics isn't populating
2023-12-08 20:45:03

@OrangeStreet 

I had this happen one time... I had to reboot the router and controller.  It worked.  I assumed it was a fluke.  Maybe it isnt.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-12-08 21:51:10

@KimcheeGUN I'll give that a shot off hours when I can. Yuck if that works :)

Options
2023-12-18 23:23:45

Model Omada SW: 5.13.22

Router ER7206 v1.0 Firmware 1.4.0 Build 20231114 Rel.36220

Hi, thanks for the recomendation but it diden't work. After reboot the controller and router the Application Analytics isn't populating yet.

anyone have another tip?

Options
2023-12-19 09:45:47

Hi @OrangeStreet,

According to the current date selection,  you can only see the related-traffic on 8th Dec. Please adjust the date to see if the traffic statistics in the past few days can be normal shown?
Is it set to monitor bittorrent traffic only?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-29 11:53:45

I have the exact same issue.

Gateway: ER707-M2 v1 (firmware 1.2.0)

Software Controller: 5.13.22 (Linux, running in docker using https://hub.docker.com/r/mbentley/omada-controller/tags)

The option is enabled in settings for over two days:

But nothing is being populated in Application Analytics (I've tried changing the date range):

Options
2024-01-29 09:56:13

Hi @colkilgore @OrangeStreet 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

colkilgore wrote

I have the exact same issue.

Gateway: ER707-M2 v1 (firmware 1.2.0)

Software Controller: 5.13.22 (Linux, running in docker using https://hub.docker.com/r/mbentley/omada-controller/tags)

The option is enabled in settings for over two days:

But nothing is being populated in Application Analytics (I've tried changing the date range):

How do you manage the system? Do you have a diagram of your network?

Do you have a NAT between the router and the controller? If yes, how do you port forward? Is 29815 open?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-29 20:04:18

@Clive_A After a reboot of the controller things came back - it would seem there is something that gets fixed when you do that.

Options
2024-01-30 01:32:42

Hi @OrangeStreet 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

OrangeStreet wrote

@Clive_A After a reboot of the controller things came back - it would seem there is something that gets fixed when you do that.

Reboot would reboot the services and re-sync the config. That might be a problem during the config sync.

Linux-based server, if sometimes the service does not boot up properly, you either enter SSH and run down and up. Or reboot the system.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-30 03:08:12

@Clive_A In my case I'm running the windows software controller

Options
2024-01-30 21:35:45

Just posting that I am having the same issue - DPI is enabled but analytics is not populating.  Using docker on a Mac for the contoller.

Options