Multiple Gateways

Multiple Gateways

Multiple Gateways
Multiple Gateways
2023-12-09 17:37:18 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:54:17
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a network with multiple TL-R605 gateways. My ISP has assigned me multiple static IP addresses on which I run internal servers. Each gateway is programmed with one of my static IP addresses and a different IP address on my LAN. This way I can control which gateway I am using by changing the default gateway setting on my host. I can also program which host gets assigned external open ports on the gateway. (Simple example would be running 4 different web servers and each R605 would be programmed to send port 80/443 to the server which I want to respond to that specific IP address). This arrangement has worked GREAT for quite awhile.

I already had been running an OC200 controller on my wireless system for many years. The one time I tried 'adopting' one of the R605 gateways, the gateway config changed into something worthless so I reset it and gave up on that idea. This was several years ago.

I wanted to get easier visibility to raw traffic usage on each IP address so I just purchased and added an SG3428 switch so I could add a vlan on a group of ports showing individual and total traffic from my ISP into the multiple gateways. I also updated the OC200 to V5.12.9. This has accomplished what I wanted to do, but now I have started playing with my gateways again to see if they can be added to the centralized configuration/monitoring that Omada provides.

What seems to be missing is a place where I can define multiple ISP sources in the site and then assign them to the different gateways.

Maybe there is a better way over all to make this happen. I welcome your comments.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple Gateways-Solution
2023-12-09 18:32:31 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:54:17

@Coinserv 

you can only have one router in each site, if you have several routers you must create a site for each router.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple Gateways-Solution
2023-12-09 18:32:31 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:54:17

@Coinserv 

you can only have one router in each site, if you have several routers you must create a site for each router.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 1

Related Articles