switch not passing DHCP

switch not passing DHCP

switch not passing DHCP
switch not passing DHCP
2023-12-11 01:56:52 - last edited 2023-12-12 01:29:26

Still troubleshooting but one or both of my 24 port unmanaged Ethernet switches don't seem to be working with DHCP.

Can these switches be factory reset?   They used to work <for years>

George Rachor

georgerachor@gmail.com

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: switch not passing DHCP-Solution
2023-12-12 01:28:38 - last edited 2023-12-12 01:28:44

Hi @rachorg 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Don't leave your personal information on the forum. It does not violate the guideline but this poses a danger to leak your privacy information. We do not take responsibility for this action.

2. The switch is not managable which means there is no reset. It is plug-and-play. No settings at all. No firmware. No web GUI. Pure physical stuff and plug-and-play. If you did not change anything on the router making the switch inaccessible, then you may consider if there is a hardware issue.

What can I do if my PC is not working when it’s connected to the Unmanaged Switch by cable?

What can I do if the Ethernet LED indicators on the Unmanaged Switch are off?

3. If you need direct help, contact your regional local support. TP-Link Official Web

We have phone or email service to help you identify the issue privately.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re: switch not passing DHCP-Solution
2023-12-12 01:28:38 - last edited 2023-12-12 01:28:44

Hi @rachorg 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Don't leave your personal information on the forum. It does not violate the guideline but this poses a danger to leak your privacy information. We do not take responsibility for this action.

2. The switch is not managable which means there is no reset. It is plug-and-play. No settings at all. No firmware. No web GUI. Pure physical stuff and plug-and-play. If you did not change anything on the router making the switch inaccessible, then you may consider if there is a hardware issue.

What can I do if my PC is not working when it’s connected to the Unmanaged Switch by cable?

What can I do if the Ethernet LED indicators on the Unmanaged Switch are off?

3. If you need direct help, contact your regional local support. TP-Link Official Web

We have phone or email service to help you identify the issue privately.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re: switch not passing DHCP
2024-01-15 23:29:21

@rachorg I am having the same problem, with multiple tp-link 8 port unmanaged switches. Everything worked fine until late december when I decided to redo all the cabling in my home office. Suddenly nothing worked. I troubleshot a bunch of things, ended up replacing the switch first (I guess my instinct was good... you just can't explain this with logic). I replaced a tp-link switch with another tp-link switch, both supposed to be unmanaged. 

After that didn't work, I replaced everything else in the network. Router, the cabling, literally ended up replacing an expensive motherboard and CPU, and wiped windows and installed fresh.... and the problem persisted. I could get an IP address over wifi, but absolutely would not work over ethernet. My buddy recommended bypassing the switch and lo-and-behold, instant IP assignment.

I'll never buy another tp-link product. My home mesh and these junk switches are getting replaced and I'll never look back. Hours upon hours upon hours of wasted time and energy troubleshooting something that should never have been a problem in the first place. I was at the point where losing everything on my windows installation was worth it to try to figure out what was going on. 

Just get a different brand switch and call it a day. Not worth it to troubleshoot this junk. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles