Upgrade firmware ER706W failed

Upgrade firmware ER706W failed

38 Reply
Re:Upgrade firmware ER706W failed
2023-12-20 23:09:37

@delpit 

Hello together, exactly same issue here on my site. Brand new Hardwarecontroler OC200, setup was fine and the VPN Router ER706W adopted.

But when i try to install the Firmwareupgrade than i get the same error messages you the others here in that post.

Ist there already a fix for that firmware update issue in place?

Thanks a lot for your help, Regards...

Options
2023-12-21 01:21:10

Hi @Networker-hb 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Networker-hb wrote

@delpit 

Hello together, exactly same issue here on my site. Brand new Hardwarecontroler OC200, setup was fine and the VPN Router ER706W adopted.

But when i try to install the Firmwareupgrade than i get the same error messages you the others here in that post.

Our test team does not experience any issues with the cloud update, or local update with three types of controller. We did not reproduce the issue in our test environment.

So we cannot locate the issue yet and firmware is not guaranteed as of now.

If you are okay with remote debug with us, that would be great and I will schedule a remote debug session.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-21 01:28:57

Hi @Enzofielt 

Enzofielt wrote

@Clive_A 

I can do a remote session

I live in the Netherlands (CET)

Working 8 am till 5 pm this week, available daily 25-26-27-28-29 Dec

In the US starting Januari 2 next year till Januari 14, home from Januari 15 till 19 and flying to Bangladesh Januari 20 for 3 weeks.

Scheduling will be a challenge.

Must I add the running logs to this post?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231240574, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-22 03:55:26

Hi @delpit  @user6641

Like what I posted on #7. Have you followed it?

What's your controller version? Firmware and controller version?

Is your Java 64-bit? We have cases resolved by checking the Java version. If your controller version is software controller, double-check your Java version, if your version is 32-bit, you will definitely not be able to upgrade it.

Clean uninstall any Java on your computer and install 64-bit Java JRE to your system and launch the controller again.

For two users in this thread and those who are using OC200, you don't have to check the Java version.

Specify your error message in English and let me know what you tried. Your time zone for available remote. (We work from Mon to Fri)

@Networker-hb

Networker-hb wrote

@delpit 

Can you have a remote session with us? Please let me know your available time and time zone.

Full error message and if you have screenshot, would be better.

You don't have the software controller but the OC200, is that correct? V2? Firmware version and controller version? ER706W firmware version?

Options
2023-12-22 08:57:03

@Clive_A 

My Java versions are 64-bit and the latest available. Next to trying to upgrade from a windows 11 laptop and a Debian PC I also tried upgrading after adopting the device from a OC-200 using the latest in Europe available version (5.12.9). Could you explain how a Java version on my laptop influences an upgrade on a device, when the only thing the laptop is doing is uploading a bin-file?

It's not clear to me whether or not the European ER706W version is any different from other versions, at least two of the people having this problem are from the Netherlands, so i guess that geographic location could be a factor.

Options
2023-12-22 09:02:52

Hi @delpit 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

delpit wrote

@Clive_A 

My Java versions are 64-bit and the latest available. Next to trying to upgrade from a windows 11 laptop and a Debian PC I also tried upgrading after adopting the device from a OC-200 using the latest in Europe available version (5.12.9). Could you explain how a Java version on my laptop influences an upgrade on a device, when the only thing the laptop is doing is uploading a bin-file?

It's not clear to me whether or not the European ER706W version is any different from other versions, at least two of the people having this problem are from the Netherlands, so i guess that geographic location could be a factor.

Because you did not say you are using OC200.I am letting you check if it is a 32-bit Java which can be the cause of the issue.

Are you available for a remote session? Agree for debugging? Let me know if you agree with that and your schedule, available time, and time zone. I'll create a ticket and let you know the remote details.

Options
2024-01-01 10:03:02

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. The ER706W router will not upgrade from firmware 1.0.0 to 1.0.2. I tried stand-alone and Omada (including manual update). Every time the same error message "Upgrading **-**-**-**-71-DE failed because the upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.”

Options
2024-01-01 10:10:40

@JackLuk

I have uploaded and updated one of my switches and access point last couple of days, all succesfull.

It is for sure an isolated issue with the 706 update file. 

ER706W v1.0.3 5.12.9 Model OC200 2.0 Firmware 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272 EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 EAP225-Wall(EU) v2.0 EAP230-Wall(EU) v1.0 EAP615-Wall(EU) v1.2.3 TL-SG2008P v1.0 TL-SG2008P v3.20
Options
2024-01-01 16:49:33 - last edited 2024-01-01 16:58:22

@Enzofielt have you managed to successfully update ER706W? 

I have even tried using the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware (as in this post: https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/3062/) but it did not work either. I am running out of ideas. 

Options
2024-01-01 18:37:33

@JackLuk 

No, I could not.

Just wanted to let know updating other devices works well.

ER706W v1.0.3 5.12.9 Model OC200 2.0 Firmware 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272 EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 EAP225-Wall(EU) v2.0 EAP230-Wall(EU) v1.0 EAP615-Wall(EU) v1.2.3 TL-SG2008P v1.0 TL-SG2008P v3.20
Options
Related Articles