Upgrade firmware ER706W failed

Upgrade firmware ER706W failed

38 Reply
Re:Upgrade firmware ER706W failed
2024-01-03 05:55:37

Hi @JackLuk 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

JackLuk wrote

@Enzofielt have you managed to successfully update ER706W? 

I have even tried using the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware (as in this post: https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/3062/) but it did not work either. I am running out of ideas. 

Do you see the previous replies? Tried them?

I have several cases resolved by getting 64-bit Java installed on the computer and upgraded successfully.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-03 11:48:35 - last edited 2024-01-03 11:54:11

@Clive_A  I believe I tried all methods described in this message. I tried different browsers (Chrome and MS Edge) and incognito versions. I have 64bit Java (build 1.8.0_391-b13) installed on my PC.

Here is the exact list of my actions, unfortunately, all without success:

• standard update from the Omada controller - by clicking on the link to the new firmware version in the Devices page. The result:  "Upgrading **-**-**-**-71-DE failed because the upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file."
  • "Custom Upgrade" from the Omada controller - loading the firmware file downloaded from your website https://www.tp-link.com/pl/support/download/er706w/ in the router menu Config/Manage Device. Failure in both firmware files 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 with message as above.
  • Standalone update - after resetting the router to factory settings, an attempt to update from a PC connected directly to one of the router's LAN ports (without the Omada controller). Failure in both  firmware files 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
  • Update in Emergency Mode (as described: https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/3062/). The router actually allowed the new firmware to be uploaded. After reaching 100% it then hanged on an attempt to reboot. I waited for at least 1 hour. After a power reset, the router restarted normally with firmware version 1.0.0. Identical symptoms for both firmware versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 

I confirm that in all attempts of manual update I used the .bin file after unzipping. I am using the software controller version 5.13.22 installed as Docker Container on a Synology NAS. So far, everything in my configuration has worked without any problems, including firmware upgrades. Last month I successfully updated switches (SG3428, SG2218P) and access points (3xEAP615-Wall) in standard update process from the Omada controller.

Options
2024-01-03 12:24:05

@delpit Perhaps this is the moment TP-Link could have a look at the update-files? It should be obvious by now that the problem is not with the customers.......

Options
2024-01-04 02:12:45

Hi @Enzofielt 

Enzofielt wrote

@JackLuk 

No, I could not.

Just wanted to let know updating other devices works well.

Ready for the remote session? Do you have available time for that?

I sent the email with the schedule and avail time weeks ago.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-04 02:24:23

Hi @delpit 

delpit wrote

@delpit Perhaps this is the moment TP-Link could have a look at the update-files? It should be obvious by now that the problem is not with the customers.......

Here's the thing, I have reported this to the dev and we all looked into the issue and tested it, and nothing wrong with it.

Only several of you guys experienced the issue. And Jack said he cannot even upgrade from the local, in recovery mode, it even failed. It still relates to Java, as far as I think.

Here's my question, have you guys checked if your computer has installed Java? I repeated this many times.

Or just post your schedule and let me get you through to the dev? I don't work during weekends. The guy Enzo in this thread, I scheduled a remote to debug, but he does not have time for it. And did not respond to my email for 2 weeks.

And did you reply to my remote debug invitation? I think not. And did you post your Java ver screenshot for me?

If you use OC200, still need you to check the Java on your PC that tries to upgrade the firmware.

See how others resolved the issue? Same issue on ER7206: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/646246?replyId=1296796

Options
2024-01-04 03:24:25

@Clive_A 

Very nice way of responding and taking care of your customer, that guy Enzo responded the same day on that mail mentioning not being available till 5 pm.

All other devices upgrade without any issues, java is correct as also shown in previous messages.

I do not see a lack of trying to provide information from the users that post their issue here, when the request was made to give access, I already mentioned being quite busy.

I am in the US now for work, will be back in the NL starting January 12, still willing to assist in getting this resolved, for now at least.

ER706W v1.0.3 5.12.9 Model OC200 2.0 Firmware 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272 EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 EAP225-Wall(EU) v2.0 EAP230-Wall(EU) v1.0 EAP615-Wall(EU) v1.2.3 TL-SG2008P v1.0 TL-SG2008P v3.20
Options
2024-01-04 03:53:43 - last edited 2024-01-04 04:01:05

Hi @Enzofielt 

Enzofielt wrote

@Clive_A 

Very nice way of responding and taking care of your customer, that guy Enzo responded the same day on that mail mentioning not being available till 5 pm

All other devices upgrade without any issues, java is correct as also shown in previous messages.

I do not see a lack of trying to provide information from the users that post their issue here, when the request was made to give access, I already mentioned being quite busy.

I am in the US now for work, will be back in the NL starting January 12, still willing to assist in getting this resolved, for now at least.

If you'd be ironic, I can do it the same way.

Reason why?

1. I only remembered the first four letters and I don't recognize your name or word for an object. Or pronounce it. Enzo seems to be a name or something that can be easily picked up between people.

2. I was not responding to your reply and if I have to type the full name, I'd @ you which would be the proper way. But I don't wanna bother people who are not being addressed/involved.

3. You are NOT the one who's being addressed.

4. If you are that sensitive, let me know what you find most appropriate to address you in your very first reply. At least I am not seeing anywhere. If address you as mister, who am I referring you to? Mister can be anyone.

5. If I don't "that guy", what should I use to express that you are a person in this thread previously? I don't know your name pronunciation, meaning and what you think is the proper/formal way to address you, and it is casual.

I am also very anxious about this case being stalled for so long as it's been at least three weeks now and I asked people if they could arrange a time for the remote session. NO ONE ANSWERED and provided a suitable timeline and it is still being delayed.

Update:

I asked after that day if you had time for another appointment. Do you see that? That's been 14 days since the last email I asked if there is another time. I know THAT DAY you were at work. So, I assume there would be another time for us to get this collected > analyzed and resolved.

I also used "guys" in the reply to him. So, what's wrong with addressing you informally to let other people know that we are also eager to get this resolved?

Lastly, let me repeat,

We tested it from the cloud(CBC), and local and online upgrades (both from the SDNC), and the issue did NOT happen on our test. That's why we need remote debugging to find out the reason why.

Options
2024-01-04 05:23:57

@Clive_A 

Hello and a happy new year! Concerning holidays i was not able to focus on that case. Still not able to update the firmware on that router. Would it be possible to do a remotesession 08.12.2024 at 18:30 UTC+1 or can you send me a possible timeslot fit  for you 08.12.2024 arround 18:00 - 23:00 utc+1? Thank you very much for your help in this case!

Regards Gerald

Options
2024-01-04 05:42:44

Hi@Networker-hb

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240106349, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2024-01-04 09:00:28

@Clive_A I am ready for a remote session. Tomorrow 05.01.2024 any time. 

Options
Related Articles