Adopt AP to Omada controller in Local host window server

2023-12-12 08:12:45 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:40:41
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 2.4.0 Build 20200117 Rel. 39932(5553)

Hi,

when I connect my TP link AP with the same IP, I can adopt it through the controller. But when I installed the controller in local window server (IP is not the same with the TP link AP getting AP), I can't see my AP in pending state of controller. How can I adopt and inform my AP to it's controller.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Adopt AP to Omada controller in Local host window server-Solution
2023-12-14 03:02:31 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:40:41

Hi @MinTP

The image shows you have the old Controller installed, please check the firmware version of your EAP245, and check whether there is a compatible issue between the EAP and the Controller.

In addition, we suggest you upgrading the EAP and the Controller to the new firmware which add various features and fixed some potential issues.

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap245/v3/#Firmware

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Adopt AP to Omada controller in Local host window server
2023-12-13 08:02:41

Hi @MinTP,

Please check whether EAP245 and the controller can communicate with each other, you can ping it for testing.

Check for whether there are the firewall and anti-virus software are blocking the EAP.

For more details you may refer to this article: What should I do when the Omada Software Controller fails to discover the devices?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-13 08:59:27 - last edited 2023-12-13 09:03:35

@Hank21 

The controller IP and EAP245 can ping each other. EAP can be discovered when it has the same IP with controller, but when I changed port to get 10.0.72.73 for EAP, it showed "disconnected" in controller and I can't see connected anymore. In Ubiquiti, we put set-inform cmd in ssh to find it's unifi controller. But in EAP Omada controller, we can't put set-inform cmd. 

Options
Re:Adopt AP to Omada controller in Local host window server-Solution
2023-12-14 03:02:31 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:40:41

Hi @MinTP

The image shows you have the old Controller installed, please check the firmware version of your EAP245, and check whether there is a compatible issue between the EAP and the Controller.

In addition, we suggest you upgrading the EAP and the Controller to the new firmware which add various features and fixed some potential issues.

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap245/v3/#Firmware

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-14 05:21:51

@MinTP 

Perhaps this is useful?

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2713/ 

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232