Tapo + VIGI cameras with VIGI NVR

2023-12-13 11:45:17 - last edited 2023-12-18 06:02:38

I have some silly questions, never did a DVR/NVR configuration before, need your opinions.
I want to add camera survillance to our newly opened shop/building.1 facing the road and 3 faceing the building in different areas.
Already have two Tapo C320Ws cameras + 2 x 128GB cards purchased for another project.
But here we need NVR with 1TB storage, I want to use TP-Link VIGI NVR1008H VIGI 8 Channel Network Video Recorder with these two camera and I also want to add 1/2 VIGI camers with it. Maybe VIGI C340 or VIGI C400HP. Everything will be connected via Ethernet. I belive Tapo series has no POE support. so, I dont want to spend extra on POE switch just for 2 cameras. I am planning to use a 60W 12V power brink and 9V buck converters to power the Tapo cameras. I belive the VIGI camers run on 12V.
My questions are.
Q1. TP-Link VIGI NVR1008H + Tapo C320Ws + VIGI C340 + TL-SF1008D 8 PORT Switch - is this configuration good ?
I know there are 16 channel NVR, POE Switch, but I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible here.
Q2. Just like the IP cameras, does the TP-Link VIGI NVR1008H has app support ? it is important - can provide internet via ethernet.
Q3. Can I output cameras live stream to a VGA/HDMI monitor all time ?
Q4. Can I use any type of ethernet cable to connect the camers to the switch ?
Q5. Tapo C320Ws need microSD card inside even if it is connected to NVR ? currently we have some Mi IP cameras, it need to have a microsd card inside inorder to save data to a PC via NAS setup.
Thanks in advance for yor time, sorry if the post is too long.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo + VIGI cameras with VIGI NVR-Solution
2023-12-15 06:46:50 - last edited 2023-12-18 06:02:38

Hi @WhiteFox 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

WhiteFox wrote

I have some silly questions, never did a DVR/NVR configuration before, need your opinions.
I want to add camera survillance to our newly opened shop/building.1 facing the road and 3 faceing the building in different areas.
Already have two Tapo C320Ws cameras + 2 x 128GB cards purchased for another project.
But here we need NVR with 1TB storage, I want to use TP-Link VIGI NVR1008H VIGI 8 Channel Network Video Recorder with these two camera and I also want to add 1/2 VIGI camers with it. Maybe VIGI C340 or VIGI C400HP. Everything will be connected via Ethernet. I belive Tapo series has no POE support. so, I dont want to spend extra on POE switch just for 2 cameras. I am planning to use a 60W 12V power brink and 9V buck converters to power the Tapo cameras. I belive the VIGI camers run on 12V.
My questions are.
Q1. TP-Link VIGI NVR1008H + Tapo C320Ws + VIGI C340 + TL-SF1008D 8 PORT Switch - is this configuration good ?
I know there are 16 channel NVR, POE Switch, but I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible here.
Q2. Just like the IP cameras, does the TP-Link VIGI NVR1008H has app support ? it is important - can provide internet via ethernet.
Q5. Tapo C320Ws need microSD card inside even if it is connected to NVR ? currently we have some Mi IP cameras, it need to have a microsd card inside inorder to save data to a PC via NAS setup.

A1: Reasonable setup. Good.

A2: VIGI app available on Play Store or App Store.

A3: Yes. But pay attention to the decoding capability in specs when you pick up the models. It determines how many channels you can view.

A4: Yes and recommended to do so.

A5: You need to ask this question to Tapo support. I know that they can work together and view the live stream because we have some in our lab for compatibility testing.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo + VIGI cameras with VIGI NVR-Solution
2023-12-15 06:46:50 - last edited 2023-12-18 06:02:38

Hi @WhiteFox 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

WhiteFox wrote

My questions are.

A1: Reasonable setup. Good.

A2: VIGI app available on Play Store or App Store.

A3: Yes. But pay attention to the decoding capability in specs when you pick up the models. It determines how many channels you can view.

A4: Yes and recommended to do so.

A5: You need to ask this question to Tapo support. I know that they can work together and view the live stream because we have some in our lab for compatibility testing.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo + VIGI cameras with VIGI NVR
2023-12-16 18:35:33

@WhiteFox 

No you don't need micro SD card with a NVR.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 596

Replies: 2

Related Articles