EAP670 v1.0 downloads gone on EN/US website? Only see 1.2x

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-14 19:42:16

A small thing but been meaning to ask about it. Sometime in the last month or so I think the firmware page for EAP670 v1.0s seems to have vanished. All of my EAP670s including those I bought as recently as October are 1.0s. The firmware page also still has the same:

Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8);   Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)

So if there's been some unification where we don't have to worry about versions anymore for a given model (which would be really nice!) the page text doesn't indicate it. Would appreciate any info on what's going on here. Fortunately I did save the most recent released firmware for 1.0s so I can still update new ones I get but it's concerning they aren't listed at all anymore and it's been long enough to not have been a brief blip either.

screenshot of omada firmware page

Options
7 Reply
Re:EAP670 v1.0 downloads gone on EN/US website? Only see 1.2x
2023-12-15 07:50:25
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-12-15 22:24:34

Virgo wrote

@Virgo 

No, I don't think so? This isn't about US not having new firmware updates, though that's a concern as well, but that I literally cannot even see already long since released updates (like EAP670(US)_V1&1.6_1.0.6 Build 20220921 for example). Nothing nada, EAP670 v1.0 is gone from the download page completely. I got a new EAP670 out of the box shortly ago and it came with 1.0.2 or whatever it was, I was able to update it to 1.0.6 but only because I'd already downloaded and archived it. I don't see it on their website at

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/eap670/. The drop down gets you to /v1.20/ or /v1.26/ but not /v1/.

Options
2023-12-16 11:08:14

@sonaric Hey, I noticed the same issue with the EAP670 v1.0 firmware page disappearance. It's a bit puzzling, especially since all my EAP670s are 1.0s as well. The firmware version guidance hasn't changed, but the missing  techspotty page is a concern. Thanks for bringing it up, and if anyone has insights or updates.

Options
2023-12-18 03:26:15

Hi All,

May I confirm if the EAPs you all have that have is region specific? Could you check if these EAPs from the another region or a UN version?

Please check the hardware version on the label and the specific firmware info on the web UI. (Should contain US/EU)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-20 23:28:13

@sonaric 

Install the Omada controller software and it is able to find the latest firmware for download and install.. Yes, in the UK.

no clue why it's not on the website - but at least this way it gets the correct fw version..

Options
2024-01-23 15:58:36

Hank21 wrote

Hi All,

May I confirm if the EAPs you all have that have is region specific? Could you check if these EAPs from the another region or a UN version?

Please check the hardware version on the label and the specific firmware info on the web UI. (Should contain US/EU)

@Hank21 

So a bit more oddness, still can't see it, v1 did briefly reappear, but sometime in the last few weeks vanished again. All the EAPs are indeed US (EAP670(US) v1.0), and that's still the model I see coming out of retail channels brand new. For some reason the "US" region website (tp-link.com/us/support/download/eap670) which is what I got by default when navigating to tp-link.com in the US, again doesn't show anything but 1.20 and 1.26. However, the global english region website (tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap670) does show v1/v1.26/v2, but only offers EAP670(EU) firmware.

@Peel 

I've always run the controller of course from the start. However, not all my sites are connected to the internet at all, and some are heavily firewalled. Omada controller upgrade functionality has always been curiously a touch hit or miss for me and feature light, and I like having the old firmware on hand anyway in case a downgrade is needed. Certainly using the controller where possible can be helpful, but that doesn't explain it just vanishing from the website which remains extremely odd.

Options
2024-01-24 02:00:48

Hi @sonaric

For EAP670, V1 and V1.2 share the same firmware, upgrading firmware won't change the hardware version, that is, upgrading the v1.2 firmware on v1 won't make its hardware change to v1.2. If you don't find the firmware under EAP670 v1, you can check it from v1.2.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap670/v1.20/#Firmware

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options