How to configure a Trunk Port

2023-12-15 15:09:54 - last edited 2023-12-22 07:22:10
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 20220909 Rel.75248

Hi there.

I have a NetGear WAX 610 Access Point that allows me to create VLAN Tags based on the WiFi SSID I choose. The issue I have (I guess) is that the Switch is not passing that information forward and therefore the DHCP server never receives that Tag, and then it never gives it an IP ...

I don't know what else to think about this all thing, so I guess that something in the Switch needs to be configured in order to let the tag pass onto the DHCP server.

Where is this configuration done?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jorge Ferreira

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to configure a Trunk Port-Solution
2023-12-18 02:41:59 - last edited 2023-12-22 07:22:10

Hi @Jorge_Ferreira 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Use the search function on the official website. We have guides for different types of switches.

You should look for the FAQ of the smart switch on the new GUI.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/search/?q=switch+802.1q+vlan&t=FAQ&p=1&sort=

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to configure a Trunk Port-Solution
2023-12-18 02:41:59 - last edited 2023-12-22 07:22:10

Hi @Jorge_Ferreira 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Use the search function on the official website. We have guides for different types of switches.

You should look for the FAQ of the smart switch on the new GUI.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/search/?q=switch+802.1q+vlan&t=FAQ&p=1&sort=

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to configure a Trunk Port
2023-12-18 13:34:31
Thank you. I'll try it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 322

Replies: 2

Related Articles