Omada Software Controller - cannot start terminal connection on some EAP access points

Omada Software Controller - cannot start terminal connection on some EAP access points

2023-12-16 20:09:25

Hi,

I'm currently installing our new access points (EAP650 & EAP670) which are used together with Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.22_Linux_x64 (on Debian Linux 12).

The setup ist running fine so far. I now wanted to try the terminal access on the EAPs (Tools -> Terminal). But from the three EAPs within my test site I only can see one on the drop down list:

I can successfully start a terminal session on this EAP. But only on this one. Where are the other two test EAPs?

When I click on "Network Check" within the "Tools" menu and click on "Sources" I can see the following:

The first EAP (EAP670) in this list is the one on which I can use the terminal access. The other two EAP650 are not selectable in the "Terminal" menu and are marked with this yellow exclamation mark "The device does not support ping".

1) Could this yellow sign (also) indicate that these two devices are not selectable within the "Terminal" menu and therefore starting a session on these EAPs isn't possible?

2) What could be the reason for the yellow sign? As I didn't configure any special settings on any of the three EAPs they should be running an identical configuration, at least I think so. ;-) . Did I overlooked something? Or is it generally not possible to use a terminal session on the EAP650s? That would be strange.

Firmware:

EAP650: 1.0.7

EAP670: 1.0.12

Thank you very much for any feedback and best regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller - cannot start terminal connection on some EAP access points
2023-12-17 18:04:18

@u880 

Terminal access is a new feature which requires new firmware.  What version of FW are you running on the APs that the controller doesn't over shell access to?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Omada Software Controller - cannot start terminal connection on some EAP access points
2023-12-17 19:05:54

@d0ugmac1 

Thank you for your reply.

As I already wrote in my initial posting: the shell access isn't possible on the EAP650s running FW v1.0.7. Could this version be too old? Until now the controller isn't offering a new one (unlike for the EAP670, which get's a new FW this week).

Options