Bandwidth Control - Bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bandwidth Control - Bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bandwidth Control - Bug
Bandwidth Control - Bug
2023-12-16 23:50:04 - last edited 2023-12-18 03:54:21
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

There appears to be a bug/bugs on the Bandwidth Control probably across most of the Omada Devices?

I have a ER707-M2 and a OC200 both running the latest Beta's.  OC200 5.13.24 and the ER707 is on 1.1.1.  We've been having many discussions about IDS causing issues in another thread but I just bumped mine upto Gigabit speed to do some testing and found issues with it.

So I have Bandwidth Control ON.  I have created various IP Groups.......  linking just IP's to then create a Bandwidth Control Profile for each.  So it SHOULD just limit those IP's but instead I've found ANY RULE causes ANY CLIENT to be limited.

Also if you remove all the rules and just set a Threshold Control on that also doesn't work randomly?....  Been adjusting things back and forth waiting doing speedtest.net runs etc.

So I'll screen shot some for example.  I have server services set to 900 here when I verfied my results.......  it seems so bugged this........  It'd be nice if you could also specify schedules for different rules.......... would aid with nbn conggestion times, weekends when you might have a scheduled speed upgrade like us etc.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Control - Bug
2023-12-18 03:52:47

Hi @MrHC1983 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

MrHC1983 wrote

There appears to be a bug/bugs on the Bandwidth Control probably across most of the Omada Devices?

So I have Bandwidth Control ON.  I have created various IP Groups.......  linking just IP's to then create a Bandwidth Control Profile for each.  So it SHOULD just limit those IP's but instead I've found ANY RULE causes ANY CLIENT to be limited.

What do you mean ANY RULE... this part?

So have you ruled out that Network and IP Group are not overlapped? If they overlap, top entries have higher priority and would take effect.

e.g. if your Kids IP Group contains IP addresses that are overlapped in Home Networks, in a situation where you toggle enabled Everyone and Kids entries, Everyone entry will set the 15000Kbps to the KidsPC.

Give me a demo of your issue production. Will test on the models I have.

MrHC1983 wrote

Are you sure about this IP subnet? Don't look right to me. If you wanna specify 172.16.0.16, you should set the CIDR to 32. Not 16. This 172.165.0.16/16 will include a large range of IP addresses.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles