Omada VLAN DHCP issue / does not assign IP addresses

2023-12-18 17:48:39 - last edited 2023-12-19 01:06:15
Model: ER707-M2   SG2008P   SG2210P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the problem of not assigning IP addresses in a VLAN?

I have router ER707-M2, 2x Switch TL-SG2008P, 1x Switch TL-2210P and Omada Controller OC200.

I create a VLAN according to the instructions from this forum and Youtube, sometimes DHCP assigns an IP address and sometimes not. Everything set up as per the tutorials.

VLANs in the switch configuration are enabled and assigned to ports.

I manage the network through Omada Controller OC 200.

I have the latest public firmware available on all devices.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Omada VLAN DHCP issue / does not assign IP addresses
2023-12-19 03:14:51 - last edited 2023-12-19 03:15:22

Hi @patrol414 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are you new to the VLAN? If yes, you probably should take a second look at your config. And browse the Internet to learn how VLAN works.

There is no config about your VLAN. I cannot judge it if it is because of the misconfiguration.

And if you have followed guides on the forum, YouTube, and FAQ of all kinds of sources, they don't experience an issue on their end yet you copy their config to your setup/environment and you experience the issues. It only increases the odds of your misconfiguration.

802.1Q VLAN has been decades. It is nothing new and basically no more updates to modify that, I am not inclined to believe there is a problem with the VLAN.

Read the old posts about VLAN and try to resolve it by yourself or provide something useful here.

Also, read the

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-19 12:40:44

@patrol414 same here. It seems to be an issue with the Omada router. I'm going to try a old junk router and see if it works. I'll get back with my findings. TP-Link doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the issue.

Options
2024-03-19 17:27:14

@Julestasticles update and restore to factory.

Options
2024-03-19 19:26:24

@patrol414 really?!? Then everything will work?

Options
2024-03-19 19:30:35

@Julestasticles Yes, everything works uśmiechnięta

Options
2024-03-19 19:34:20

@patrol414 did you just have to recreate the VLAN's once reset?

Options
2024-03-19 19:45:23

@Julestasticles I restored all devices to factory settings and set everything up again and it works.

Options
2024-03-19 22:06:56

@patrol414 Thanks! I'll try this weekend and post back with the results.

Options
2024-03-20 05:44:43

Hi @Julestasticles 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Julestasticles wrote

@patrol414 same here. It seems to be an issue with the Omada router. I'm going to try a old junk router and see if it works. I'll get back with my findings. TP-Link doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the issue.

You may post your config screenshots directly in the replies which is what we encourage you to do most of the time. If you have the diagram, config and related parameters, that would be very straightforward for us to check if you have configured it correctly or not.

I am not you and I cannot understand or verify if you have properly configured anything. We don't have the same information. Plain text description does not make sense in this kind of situation.

If you want, I can create a ticket and get a backup of your file, I'll share it with the test team to check if they can replicate what you said. This is a very basic way to verify a statement. I am all ears.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 646

Replies: 9

Related Articles