1 Deco Failed out of Three: Replace

2023-12-22 07:51:47 - last edited 2023-12-25 07:40:07
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I am not sure on the exact version but it is from this year X60 AX5400.

I bought the triple pack from Amazon in February this year. All has been perfect until today. 

One of the units (not the main one and on a wireless backhaul) just stopped having power. I tried it in another socket etc. but no luck. 

I went to Amazon customer service and they are sending me replacements out (today!) And in advance I just wanted to see the best way to switch them all over (they of course want all 3 returned not just the faulty one)

What's going to be the easiest way to switch them? (Start from scratch Vs one at a time Vs add new and then remove old)

Bearing in mind I will receive the new ones before I must return the old ones!

The main deco is connected to virgin router in modem mode and the other is connected via ethernet cable. (and have no issues currently!) 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:1 Deco Failed out of Three: Replace-Solution
2023-12-22 12:39:32 - last edited 2023-12-25 07:40:07

@Alex251187 

If you want to keep all your Deco mesh configuration settings, do replacement in the following order:

1. Add one of new X60s as Main Deco, follow Case 2 from this document: How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

2. Remove all three old X60s from your Deco app, follow Reset a Deco unit from this document: How Do I Reboot or Reset My System?

3. Add remaining new X60s to Deco mesh: How to add an additional unit to your Deco network.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:1 Deco Failed out of Three: Replace-Solution
2023-12-22 12:39:32 - last edited 2023-12-25 07:40:07

@Alex251187 

If you want to keep all your Deco mesh configuration settings, do replacement in the following order:

1. Add one of new X60s as Main Deco, follow Case 2 from this document: How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

2. Remove all three old X60s from your Deco app, follow Reset a Deco unit from this document: How Do I Reboot or Reset My System?

3. Add remaining new X60s to Deco mesh: How to add an additional unit to your Deco network.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 1

Related Articles