Problems with Webfilter on ER8411

2023-12-29 07:47:17
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest firmware

On one of WAN connections I have a 5G router with a fixed gateway that always reverts to a url that has the owner of the SIM card owners information.  Not only for the SIM card but for all the numbers in his name.  To prevent this from happening, I used the Webfilter and chose to use "keyword" and simply added the main company's keyword to prevent any opening of a webpage with that keyword.  Seems simple enough and it worked perfectly.  However ... the performance of the ER8411 dropped dramatically.  On Speed Test the drop in performance was almost 5X less ... and the use experience was incredibly bad.  You press on a link and it takes about 10 to 15 seconds for the webpage to open.  I have now turned off webfiltering and removed that 5G router from the WAN until I can figure out a better way to prevent opening of those webpages.  Is this a bug that needs to be fixed with a firmware update??

Another issue is when I had finally setup the router configuration, I decided to put a more secure password which used an "_".  The password was accepted ... but ... when I tried to log in again ... I couldn't.  I as locked out of my router and the password I put would not work ????!!!!!  I tried the previous password and also wouldn't work.  I had to reset the router and start all over again and have just put a simple alphanumeric password for now until TPLINK figures out what the hell this is !!!  I did get a message from TPLINK support that they are aware of the issue and for now the only way to "fix" things is to reset the entire router and lose hours of configuration???!!! I mean come on this is basic stuff! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with Webfilter on ER8411
2024-01-02 01:45:01

Hi @spearq8 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What would be the URL you used? I can do a test on the ER8411.

If you are running the latest firmware, you should not run into this issue anymore.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 1

Related Articles