Fixed IP doesn't work (intermitently, ER8411)

2024-01-02 04:43:39
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272

As many other posts said, "Fixed IP" for clients doesn't always work, in some cases it works right away, and continues to work through reboots,

like Twinkly light strip I setup a month ago, while other devices like my Synology NAS, had "Fixed IP" assigned for over two months, and still sports dynamic DCHP IP, after many restarts on both Synology and Omada (Router, Controller, Switch) sides.

Even updated to the latest firmware couple days ago, and still seeing dynamic DCHP IP instead of Fixed IP in the Omada Config.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Fixed IP doesn't work (intermitently, ER8411)
2024-01-03 06:03:25

Hi @alexindigo,

May I know the firmware version of ER8411?

DHCP issue has been fixed after ER8411_V1_1.0.3 Build 20230313, please make sure the firmware of ER8411 is the latest.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-03 06:29:23
It's the latest one: 1.2.0 I did more testing, and looks like it works with one VLAN (10, btw default VLAN, I couldn't do much with it, which is annoying too), bbut not with another VLAN (20), which other devices I was able to assign fixed IPs on non-default VLANs (20, 30 and 100).
Options
2024-01-03 09:24:59

Hi @alexindigo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

alexindigo wrote

It's the latest one: 1.2.0 I did more testing, and looks like it works with one VLAN (10, btw default VLAN, I couldn't do much with it, which is annoying too), bbut not with another VLAN (20), which other devices I was able to assign fixed IPs on non-default VLANs (20, 30 and 100).

Do you have a video of your reproduction? Every time I tested with the device, I could set the IP right. I don't know why you would run into the issue.

Please share a screen recording to illustrate your steps.

I have OC300 and ER8411 standby. Let me see your steps and I'll see if I can do a screen recording as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-19 02:39:09

Hi @alexindigo 

Stop creating new threads instead of following this one.

What is your response to my last reply?

Besides that, have you searched and tried?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/638926

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/634790?replyId=1285230

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-19 02:54:16

Hey  @Clive_A I tried to respond to that thread you linked, but it didn't have "Reply" button, just "Start new thread" button, so I clicked it, since there was no other options.

And as for linked threads – I went through all of it, and it either doesn't apply or doesn't work for me.

Just to clarify, I can assign Fixed IP to the device when that IP is on "core" vlan (10), that works multiple times in a row,

but whenever I try to assign Fixed IP on non core vlan (210) – it saved and shown in the settings, but device just ignores it.

I did try to restart everything 1 by 1 and all once.

And I have waited for 10+ days – no result.

Options
2024-02-19 03:08:07

Hi @alexindigo 

alexindigo wrote

Hey  @Clive_A I tried to respond to that thread you linked, but it didn't have "Reply" button, just "Start new thread" button, so I clicked it, since there was no other options.

And as for linked threads – I went through all of it, and it either doesn't apply or doesn't work for me.

Just to clarify, I can assign Fixed IP to the device when that IP is on "core" vlan (10), that works multiple times in a row,

but whenever I try to assign Fixed IP on non core vlan (210) – it saved and shown in the settings, but device just ignores it.

I did try to restart everything 1 by 1 and all once.

And I have waited for 10+ days – no result.

Try the steps above. The second one. Delete it, reboot it, and create a DHCP reservation instead of the fixed IP. That one.

And what about your lease time?

Reboot this light strip, and check from its software, what IP does it get? Don't refer to the controller.

Or you can use the ARP tool to scan for the available IP in your LAN. Will this light strip show up in the ARP scan with the desired fixed IP?

Options
2024-02-19 04:08:53

@Clive_A thanks for the quick response.

This time it's different device though, it's a linux desktop computer.

And I've done those steps before, I also tried to have computer declare static ip, instead of using DCHP, while computer was showing needed IP,

there was no routing.

What kind of ARP tool you have in mind?

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 7

Related Articles