TL-SG105E: Port LED flashing simultaneously

2024-01-03 20:14:56
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230214 Rel.63440

Hi, 

I'm using a Sonos Beam which is connected to my SG105E which is connected to my Avm Fritzbox. 

Roughly every hour (sometimes more often) the sound stops and continues after around one minute. I think it looses LAN connection.

During this time the yellow and green port LED flash evenly simultaneously of this particular port. The other ports flash randomly as usual. Before and after the loss of connection also the affected port LED is flashing randomly as usual. 

What does this temporary simultaneously flashing mean? 

Any idea what causes this issue? 

I haven't done any config on the switch except flashing the newest firmware and setting a password.

Thank you. 

Regards 

Fabian

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E: Port LED flashing simultaneously
2024-01-04 04:22:52

Hi @ianfab 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Check if it automatically reboots which rules out the hardware issue.

2. If all the ports flash at the same time, it could be broadcast from a device or the network storm caused by a loop.

Or you can remove the stuff like the Sonos beam, test it with a PC, or something else. Find out which device is causing the trouble or it is the switch hardware.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-07 17:11:26

Hi @Clive_A 

in the meantime I have read a lot of articles and threads and it looks like that the correct STP handling is very important for a SONOS system with multiple hardwired devices creating one Sonosnet.

Can you give more information about how TL-SG108E and TL-SG105 handle STP BDPU packets?

Thank you!

Options
2024-01-08 01:09:09

Hi @ianfab 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ianfab wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

in the meantime I have read a lot of articles and threads and it looks like that the correct STP handling is very important for a SONOS system with multiple hardwired devices creating one Sonosnet.

Can you give more information about how TL-SG108E and TL-SG105 handle STP BDPU packets?

Thank you!

This kind of switch dose not support STP. STP would be a feature on the managed switch. This one is entry-level and 105 is an unmanaged switch.

If you want to know how does it handle STP, you need to Wireshark. Based on what you described, it now looks like just switch and forward. No process.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 238

Replies: 3

Related Articles