Gateway QOS
Gateway QOS
2024-01-04 03:22:46
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.12.9

Hello Everyone,

Good day.

Can anyone help me set up or provide a guide in using the Gateway QOS in the Omada Controller?

I just wanted to prioritize the Video traffic then Voice traffic and last is the Data traffic.

I have a piece of knowledge in the IPP and DSCP concept but am not quite sure how to configure it in the Omada Controller. Do I just need to enable VoIP Prioritization and everything will be running fine? or after enabling the VoIP Prioritization I have to configure Class Rule and VoIP Bandwidth control as well?

I just want to make sure I don’t mess up anything as we are encountering poor performance sometimes in a conference call or meetings like MS Teams, Zoom, Skype etc. Our current Bandwidth is UL/DL is 200Mbps DIA connection with a backup of 100Mbps DIA connection.

Thank you in advance everyone and Happy New Year.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Gateway QOS
2024-01-05 06:54:48

Hi @iosnetadmin

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You may refer to the ER706W User Guide updated with the QoS configuration: Chapter 4 Quality of Service Configurations.  https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2023/202309/20230905/1910013349_ER706W(UN)_UG.pdf

And QoS guide for Omada routers will be added in the future UG update.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-08 02:32:53

Hello @Hank21

Thank you for your reply. I've seen the user guide and I wanted to know if enabling VoIP Prioritization is enough to prioritize the Video and Voice traffic in our network. Is the Class Rule related to Tag Prioritization and QoS bandwidth control when configuring the QoS setting? Thanks again!

Options
2024-01-09 02:48:04 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:48:44

Hello @iosnetadmin,

As for your questions, I believe @Clive_A will help you. @Clive_A , please look here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-09 03:43:51

Hi @iosnetadmin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

iosnetadmin wrote

Hello @Hank21

Thank you for your reply. I've seen the user guide and I wanted to know if enabling VoIP Prioritization is enough to prioritize the Video and Voice traffic in our network. Is the Class Rule related to Tag Prioritization and QoS bandwidth control when configuring the QoS setting? Thanks again!

VoIP will only proritize VoIP traffic which is tagged by VoIP service. It is like a preset on the router.

So the video, you have to manually set up the prioritization. You should identify the port, type of traffic and set up the QoS group and class.

Ofc, it relates. If you need to use them, you should set them up correspondingly. They are not individual, if you set one, you need to set the other one and include it in the class.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-11 04:48:56

Hello @Clive_A,

I appreciate your reply and thoughts on my concern. If you don't mind, can you give me sample screenshots of the configuration if you are able? or if not can you check if my settings are correct? Please ignore the status. I disabled it on purpose.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1012

Replies: 5

Related Articles