OC200 on two different subnets

2024-01-06 10:02:16
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.7.6

Is there a way I can have the OC200 see six EAPs between two different subnets?  I have two separate networks at my home due to my Christmas Lightshow.  I have 3 EAPs on my home network, along with the OC200.  I purchased 3 EAPs for the Christmas network and want to manage them with the existing OC200.  A Netgear router separates the two networks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 on two different subnets
2024-01-07 00:12:33

@stanward 

No.  But you aren't really designing with the Omada philosophy in mind either.

Thought #1:  The EAPs can each broadcast multiple SSIDs and map those to unique VLANs, while using another VLAN for management traffic

Thought #2:  The Omada 'way' requires an Omada gateway and Omada switch before the controller will set all of this up with isolation and magically deploy to all your devices

In your case, you can still use the controller to control the APs, as long as your router supports VLANs and you manually configure that router to support what the controller has configured on your APs.  The default VLAN for management traffic is 1 and untagged.  User traffic, mapped to subnets/vlans will be tagged appropriately.  So long as your Netgear can sort all of that out on each port that an AP is connected to, you'll be golden.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:OC200 on two different subnets
2024-01-07 00:21:40

Thank you for your quick response.  I have no clue on how to setup or maintain VLANs.  Unfortunately, it may be easier for me to purchase another OC200 to control the 3 new EAPs on my Christmas lightshow network.  I'm sure 99% of you will say that's a waste of money.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 2

Related Articles