SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

45 Reply
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?
2024-05-16 04:11:29

@Clive_A 

In 3ft test I used cable which come with 170S - Cat.5E, but the same with other cables (I have a box of such). 
Just upgraded OC200 firmware to latest (I had previous version before and clicking Check firmware for OC200 in web and mobile apps reported that I have latest %) bug? ).
But after upgrading no changes. Same 19W total.
I'm also disconnected any other output poe devices from switch (I use EAP615/650) and see

Remaining PoE Power:

100.00% / 19.00W

Is it possible somehow check current mode of poe on switch (i.e. poe++ or poe+)?
Problem I have no any spare devices (tplink or other vendors) with poe++ support to localize problem. 
My POE testers just show that it is 53V 9W 4-pair i.e. looks like 802.3bt mode.
Later I will try increase load on SG2005 above 19W total to check if it only GUI problem

Options
2024-05-16 05:11:00

@Clive_A 

I found on my shelf device with 802.3at which needs 13W. After connecting it to SG2005 one other device was automatically disconnected and I got warning in GUI

Remaining PoE Power:

0.00% / 0.00W PoE Warning
I.e. it is not just gui display problem - it is really allows only 19W to load :(

Options
2024-05-16 06:01:47

Hi @VladVS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

VladVS wrote

@Clive_A 

I found on my shelf device with 802.3at which needs 13W. After connecting it to SG2005 one other device was automatically disconnected and I got warning in GUI

Remaining PoE Power:

0.00% / 0.00W PoE Warning
I.e. it is not just gui display problem - it is really allows only 19W to load :(

The pictures above are helpful. I have shared them with the dev team.

It is really strange that it cannot activate .bt. In the lab test, a 30cm cable was used and was hand-made. It can activate the correct power budget.

I will wait for instructions from the dev regarding this matter.

During the wait, do you happen to have any CAT6 cable for the test? Will that activate an 8-pair power supply?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-16 08:23:18

@Clive_A 

Just tried cat 6 UTP (digitus, 1m), no changes

Remaining PoE Power:

45.79% / 8.70W

Options
2024-05-16 19:56:32

@Bofh Hi There, I am also having the same problem also using the TP Link POE170S

Options
2024-05-16 20:22:05

Same problem with me using a new TL-POE170S

@Clive_A 

Options
2024-05-17 00:54:40

Hi @Ryan213 

Ryan213 wrote

Same problem with me using a new TL-POE170S

@Clive_A 

Please read what's been discussed above. Some information is supposed to be provided or your case will be delayed.

Basically, you should confirm the firmware of the controller. If it is not the latest one, upgrade the controller.

What would be the LED status on your POE170S? Is it on .bt protocol now?

Cable length. What cables have been tried on?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-17 03:24:17

I see this new switch is still a hot mess...  It's clear that there's something going on with the software/firmware/hardware that is making these new switches (SG2005P-PD) be waaayyyy too picky with detecting the POE ++ injectors.  This shouldn't be such a difficult task.  It should work with other similar injectors that can properly run "other" 802.3bt equipment with no issues.   If "auto-detecting" is not working for so many of these injectors, why not allow a manual option in the Omada controller to force this (injector mode)?  You guys would probably sell more of these if they weren't so picky w/ injectors...  I know I personally have had to stop using these on new sites and went back to using Unifi as their 5 port Flex POE switch works flawlessly with any POE ++ injector that is providing enough wattage.  

Options
2024-05-17 06:10:29 - last edited 2024-05-17 07:24:37

Hi @VladVS  @Ryan213  @Bofh

What is the hardware version of your PoE injector? V1 or V2? If possible, can you provide the S/N as well?

What color do you see on the 5th PoE IN port?

If you are okay and agree to remote with us, we will take this case privately. In your next reply, please specify the available time and time zone.

( @Ryan213 )

Options
2024-05-25 05:24:34

@Clive_A 

PoE injector v2
5th port is green (my screenshots above)

Options
Related Articles