SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

51 Reply
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?
2024-05-27 01:04:04

Hi @VladVS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

VladVS wrote

@Clive_A 

PoE injector v2
5th port is green (my screenshots above)

Thanks for the screenshot. I will relay this message to the team.

And could you work with us and have a remote session to debug the switch? As we cannot reproduce the issue in our lab environment and tested it several times, we have different results and ours works okay.

We would like to access your switch for further debugging. If you are willing to, please let me know.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-27 03:25:40

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

And could you work with us and have a remote session to debug the switch? As we cannot reproduce the issue in our lab environment and tested it several times, we have different results and ours works okay.

We would like to access your switch for further debugging. If you are willing to, please let me know.

Ok, my timezone is GMT+3 (Ukraine). I may do some lab setup to exclude extra factors like long cables etc. And probably in a week-two I will have spare TL-POE170S for tests (to see if it poe or switch issue)

Options
2024-05-27 03:43:32

Hi @VladVS 

VladVS wrote

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Ok, my timezone is GMT+3 (Ukraine). I may do some lab setup to exclude extra factors like long cables etc. And probably in a week-two I will have spare TL-POE170S for tests (to see if it poe or switch issue)

OK. Noted. Will create a case for you and will send you the ticket number later.

If you are ready for the meetings, you may let me know your available time. You can do some tests before you think we can begin a remote session.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-27 03:56:37

Hi @VladVS 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240548913, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?-Solution
2024-05-27 10:25:09 - last edited 2024-05-28 00:49:10

Clive_A wrote

Hi @VladVS  @Ryan213  @Bofh

What is the hardware version of your PoE injector? V1 or V2? If possible, can you provide the S/N as well?

What color do you see on the 5th PoE IN port?

If you are okay and agree to remote with us, we will take this case privately. In your next reply, please specify the available time and time zone.

( @Ryan213 )

Issue resolved, now I see full power budget, thanks to @Clive_A and dev team.
I'm just hope that auto detecting of poe injector type changing will be added in the next firmware (or at least correspondent notice will be added to wiki/manual in bold text %)
From dev team :

If you used POE/POE+ injector before when Controller adopted the device, this kind of problem may occur when you change to POE++ injector (e.g. POE170S), usually you just need to click Force Provision in the device configuration to solve this problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-29 22:38:56 - last edited 2024-06-29 22:56:00

@Clive_A same problem in here!! Glad i found this forum.

I'm using the SG2005P-PD v1.0 and also have this poor poe wattage message.

Using tp link 16 ports poe+ omada switch that feeds the power to this switch, but after several power outdages im done.

when all 3 connected tplink cameras has turned on the infrared lights in the night, the switch will go in a reboot and powers up again and do this every 2/3 minutes.

After turning off the IR lights, it stays working but gives the same message as before about the poe warning.

i did buy 3 of these, but i will send them back as faulty hardware. 

I'm now using my old Tenda TEG1105PD wich i used before.

It was 25 euro only and everything is working normal again. 

This product is not working like it should do.

Options
2024-07-01 03:42:56

Hi  @Barry1980 

Barry1980 wrote

@Clive_A same problem in here!! Glad i found this forum.

I'm using the SG2005P-PD v1.0 and also have this poor poe wattage message.

Using tp link 16 ports poe+ omada switch that feeds the power to this switch, but after several power outdages im done.

when all 3 connected tplink cameras has turned on the infrared lights in the night, the switch will go in a reboot and powers up again and do this every 2/3 minutes.

After turning off the IR lights, it stays working but gives the same message as before about the poe warning.

i did buy 3 of these, but i will send them back as faulty hardware. 

I'm now using my old Tenda TEG1105PD wich i used before.

It was 25 euro only and everything is working normal again. 

This product is not working like it should do.

If you have a different POE injector, we don't have many recommended steps for you.

Try different wires and injectors. We don't guarantee the compatibility of the third-party models.

If you need enough power from it, make sure it is at optimal power source before using it.

If it does not work providing the correct power budget, see the recommended solution.

Options
2024-07-01 06:20:26 - last edited 2024-07-01 06:23:41

@Clive_A Thanks for answering. 

I'm using my tenda Switch again and this works great.

I was looking for an omada Switch for some vlan stuff, but unfortunately the sg2005p-pd does not have enough power to feet my 3 cameras and 1 access point. All tplink cameras and access point.

It seems that the switch needs so much power for itself to work, that there is a lower output for the devices.

With the sg2005-pd connected to our sg2218p Switch, it takes (only) 30watt of power as i can see at the connected port and does constantly rebooting due powerlosses.

If i connect the tenda at the same port, everything works great again and then it takes 42watt of power?

Options
2024-07-02 07:30:28

Hi  @Barry1980 

Barry1980 wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for answering. 

I'm using my tenda Switch again and this works great.

I was looking for an omada Switch for some vlan stuff, but unfortunately the sg2005p-pd does not have enough power to feet my 3 cameras and 1 access point. All tplink cameras and access point.

It seems that the switch needs so much power for itself to work, that there is a lower output for the devices.

With the sg2005-pd connected to our sg2218p Switch, it takes (only) 30watt of power as i can see at the connected port and does constantly rebooting due powerlosses.

If i connect the tenda at the same port, everything works great again and then it takes 42watt of power?

First, if your question is not about the same topic in this thread, we can move to a new one.

About the power assumption, the specs have clarified it and it's power usage.

30 Watts should power the switch up(only) and shouldn't experience any sort of reboot. If you have any other PD, that's a problem of course.

The limit of the SG2218P switch is 30w per port. It doesn't reach any higher value.

Not sure your switch but if it gets any higher than 30w in total, that's not PoE+ but 802.3bt.

I don't follow what you trying to express. Can you make a question in the next reply about what you want to ask?

Options
2024-07-04 11:46:42

Info - new firmware just come with fix

Bug Fixed:

1. Fix the issue that when SG2005P-PD is first powered by 802.11at and then switched to 802.11bt, the power supplied to the back-end PDs is insufficient and needs to be modified manually.

SG2005P-PD(UN)_V1.6_1.0.2 Build 20240530

Download
Published Date: 2024-06-24 Language: English File Size: 11.21 MB

%))

Options
Related Articles